Candidates must be aware of the WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern for better exam preparation. WBJEE is a state level entrance test regulated by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. Students seeking for admission in undergraduate Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses can apply for this entrance test. Various government and private colleges of West Bengal state consider the WBJEE scores for providing admissions. Here, students can check details for WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
The detailed exam pattern of WBJEE 2019 is provided below:
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted offline mode in OMR based pattern.
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from mathematics, physics and chemistry subjects.
- Duration: The exam duration will be total two hours for per paper.
- Shift: The examination will be conducted in two shifts, i.e. Paper 1 (Mathematics) – 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM and Paper 2 (Physics & Chemistry) – 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
- Type of Questions: There will be multiple choice questions (MCQ) with four options against each of the questions.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be provided for each correct answer in category I and two marks will be given for category II.
- Answering Mode: Candidates will be required to use black or blue ball point pen to mark their answers. Incorrect marking of answers can lead to wrong answers.
Subject Wise Question Weightage
The subject wise weightage of questions are mentioned below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Category I||Category II||Category III|
WBJEE 2019 Marking Scheme
In the table given below, we have provided the marking scheme of WBJEE 2019 examination:
|Type of Questions||Scoring Methodology|
|Category I||Only one option will be correct.|
|One mark will be given for correct answer.|
|-1/4 (25% negative) marks will be deducted for wrong answer.|
|More than one answers of the same questions will be considered for negative marking.|
|Zero marks will be given for unattempted questions.|
|Category II||One option is correct.|
|For each correct answer, two marks will be given.|
|For incorrect answer, -1/2 (25% negative) marks will be deducted.|
|More than one answers of the same questions will lead to negative marking.|
|No marks will be given for unattempted questions.|
|Category III||One or more options will be correct|
|Two marks will be given for each correct answer.|
|Any combination of correct and wrong response will be given zero marks.|
|For partially correct response, marks will be given as = 2 x (no. of correct answers marked / total number of correct answers)|
|Not attempting the question will have zero mark|
WBJEE Exam Instructions
Candidates appearing for the WBJEE exam can check the exam instructions from below:
- Candidates must have the complete knowledge of exam pattern and syllabus before preparing for exam.
- Candidates should reach the exam centre one hour before the exam timing.
- It will be beneficial to visit the exam centre before one day from the examination.
- Any kind of electronic gadget will not be allowed in the exam centre.
If you have any other queries about WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern, you may leave your queries below.