TISSNET 2019 exam dates has been released now. It is a national level exam conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS). This exam is conducted to offer admission in full time regular PG courses like M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H, etc. TISSNET 2019 scores will be accepted by various TISS campuses located in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, etc. It will be conducted in various cities across the country. After qualifying the entrance test, candidates have to qualify the Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds to get admission. Students can check here details about TISSNET 2019 including application form, eligibility criteria, dates, etc.
TISSNET 2019 Notification – Exam Dates Released
TISSNET 2019 Complete Notification, Exam dates and other details have been released. The registration process will be started from 22nd October 2018. Check here for notification & application form details.
TISSNET Important Dates
Here we have provided the exam schedule of TISSNET 2019 exam:
|Release of application||22nd October 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application/||10th December 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of application form by post||12th December 2018|
|Admit card release||26th-27th December 2018|
|Exam date||19th January 2019|
|Declaration of result||Last week of January 2019|
|PI & PIT admission rounds||Last week of February to Last week of March 2019|
|Announcement of Selection||Last week of April 2019|
TISSNET Application Form 2019
Before filling the application form, students must read all the instructions for filling the application. Here we have provided some important details to apply for TISSNET:
- TISSNET application form 2019 will be provided mostly via online mode.
- Students from remote places can request for the printed copy of the application by speed post with required fee to the Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- Students can apply for maximum three programmes across any two campuses of TISS.
- Candidates also have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, Challan & other certificates (as applicable).
- Candidates applying through online mode do not required to send the printed application.
- The application fee can be paid through debit/credit card and net banking.
- Payment can also be done by cash deposit in any SBI branch using Challan method.
- Extra bank charges will be applicable.
- The detailed application fee is mentioned below:
|Paying through Online Mode|
|Applying for 1 course||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260|
|Applying for 2 course||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520|
|Applying for 3 course||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780|
|Paying through Challan|
|Applying for 1 course||Rs. 1000 + bank charges||Rs. 250 + bank charges|
|Applying for 2 course||Rs. 2000 + bank charges||Rs. 500 + bank charges|
|Applying for 3 course||Rs. 3000 + bank charges||Rs. 750 + bank charges|
Here we have provided the eligibility criteria to apply for TISSNET exam:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must hold a three year duration bachelor degree or its equivalent from any recognized college.
- Students must complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor degree exam by 2nd June 2019.
- Students who are in final year of the qualifying exam but have not passed in all the courses are not eligible to apply.
- At the time of applying students pursuing in 3 year degree course should have passed in all the subjects (for the 1st to 4th semesters) and candidates pursuing in 4 year degree course should have passed in all the subjects (for 1st to 6th semester).
TISSNET Exam Pattern 2019
Below we are providing the detailed exam pattern of TISSNET exam:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode (computer based mode).
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain objective type questions.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be of 1 hour & 40 minutes (2:00 PM to 3:40 PM).
- Sections: Questions will be asked from General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and English Proficiency.
- Negative Marking: There will be no provision of negative marking.
|Maths & Logical Reasoning||30|
TISSNET Syllabus 2019
Here we have mentioned the syllabus for different sections:
- Logical Reasoning: Number Series, Eye for detail, Logical Connectivity, Venn Diagram, Cubes, Alphabet Series, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/ Arguments, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Puzzles, etc.
- DI Topics: Bar graph, Pie chart, Case lets, Line graphs, Tables, Double pie chart, Multiple graphs & Data comparison.
- Mathematics: Profit and Loss, Basic Geometry, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion.
- VA Topics: Antonyms, Odd word out, Right usage of words in fill in the blank, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms – Match the following, Sentence Correction, Analogies, etc.
- RC Topics: Purpose of the passage, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Author’s Point of View, Strengthen and Weaken, Flaw and Discrepancy, etc.
- General Awareness: Environment & ecology, Economy/ Policy, Gender/Health/Education, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Politics/History/Governance/Law, International politics/ current events, Labour, Sports, etc.
How to Prepare for TISSNET
Candidates can follow the tips and tricks given below to prepare for TISSNET exam:
- Firstly, gather all the details about the prescribed syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare a time-table for preparations as per your suitable time.
- Practice from previous year question papers & sample papers to get familiarize with the exam pattern.
- You may also practice mock test, it will help you to analyze your performance.
TISSNET Admit Card 2019
Only successfully registered candidates will be able to download the TISSNET admit card 2019. It will be available through online mode on 26th-27th December 2018.
Candidates can get their admit card by entering User ID, Password & Security Code. Without holding a valid admit card students will not be allowed to write the examination.
TISSNET Result 2019
Result will be accessed via online mode from the TISS website (link will be provided above). TISSNET result 2019 will be announced in the last week of January 2019. The minimum qualifying cut off will be 45% for general and 35% for SC/ST candidates.
Candidates who will appear in the exam may download their result/score card through login. No offline mode will be available to check the result. Candidates must take printout of the score card to participate in the further admission process.
TISSNET Admission 2019
Students will be shortlisted for PI and PIT admission rounds on the basis of TISS NET scores. TISSNET admission will be started from the month of February 2019.
It will be held through offline mode at different campuses of TISS. CAT/MAT/CET/GRE/GMAT scores will not be considered for providing admission.
A merit list will be prepared on the basis of entrance test and all admission rounds. Candidates have to bring their original documents along with photocopies for the verification process. Provisionally selected candidates are required to go through the medical checkup.
If you have any other queries about TISSNET 2019, you may leave your queries below.