TNSET 2020 exam will be organized by the Mother Teresa Women’s University. Tamil Nadu Set is a state level entrance test conducted for total 26 subjects. TNSET (Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test) is conducted to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in various University & Colleges (Private/Government/Aided) of Tamilnadu state. Candidates can read this article to get details for TNSET 2020 exam including exam dates, application form, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
TNSET 2020 Exam Date
Candidates can check the following TNSET 2020 Exam Dates:
|TNSET 2020 notification||2nd week of December 2019|
|Application form release||3rd week of December 2019|
|Submission of application form||2nd week of February 2020|
|Admit Card availability||4th week of February 2020|
|TNSET 2020 Exam Date||1st week of March 2020|
|Answer key release||3rd week of March 2020|
|Result declaration||1st week of April 2020|
TNSET 2020 Application Form
The details regarding TNSET 2020 Application form are given below:
- The TNSET 2020 Application form will be filled through online mode.
- Hard copies of application form will not be accepted.
- Application form must be filled as per the instructions given in the information bulletin.
- Candidates will have to fill their personal, education & communication details in the application form.
- Candidates will have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph, signature and other required certificates (Income, Community & PWD).
- There will be no need to submit the printout of the application form to the university.
- TNSET 2020 Application Fee will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates can make payment through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- The applicable taxes & convenience fee etc. will be additionally charged.
- Fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft etc. will be rejected.
- Fee once paid will be non-refundable.
The application form fee for different category will be:
|General & OBC (Creamy Layer)||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||Rs. 1250/-|
|SC/ST/PWD-VI, HI, PH||Rs. 500/-|
TNSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the TNSET Eligibility Criteria from below:
- Qualification: Candidates will have to qualify master’s degree or equivalent examination from University or Institutes recognized by UGC New Delhi.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam must be passed with subjects like Science, Humanities (including languages), Social Science, Computer Science & Application, Electronic Sciences, and library & Information Sciences (as per the subject opted by candidates).
- Percentage: Candidates will have to score minimum 55% marks for General/OBC (Creamy Layer), 50% marks for OBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in their final year of master’s degree & candidates who are waiting for their result are also eligible.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit for apply for TNSET 2020.
TNSET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the following TNSET 2020 Exam pattern:
- Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode. Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet will be provided to mark answers.
- Paper: The exam will be divided in three papers.
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked.
- Marking Scheme: Two marks will be allotted for each correct answer.
- Medium of Exam: The paper will be published in English or Tamil Languages for some subjects.
Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern from below:
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
|First||I||100||50||1 ¼ Hours (09:30 AM to 10:45 AM)|
|Second||II||100||50||1 ¼ Hours (11:15 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Third||III||150||75||2 Hours (2:00 PM to 4:30 PM)|
TNSET 2020 Syllabus
The TNSET 2020 Syllabus will be same as in UGC/ CSIR – NET. Candidates must download the syllabus for TENSET 2020 from website. Check paper wise syllabus from below:
- Paper I will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primary be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidates.
- Paper II & III will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
Some Preparation Tips of TNSET 2020 exam are mentioned below:
- Consider the official syllabus & exam pattern for preparations.
- Make short notes & save time during revision.
- Practice & develop speed by practicing previous year questions papers.
- Make a proper time table & follow it.
- Do meditation & yoga to increase concentration during preparations.
The TNSET 2020 examination will be conducted in Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchillapalli, Salem, Tirunelveli, Villupuram, Karaikudi, Vellore, Erode and Thanjavur. Test centers once allotted will be final & will not be allowed of change of center under any circumstances.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
TNSET 2020 Admit Card
The TNSET 2020 Admit Card will be made available through online mode. No hall ticket/admit card will be send to candidate through post.
The admit card will be made available in fourth week of February 2020. Candidates will get know about their exam venue, date & time and other details through admit card.
Admit card is mandatory to carry to the exam venue. No candidates will be allowed to appear for TNSET 2020 examination without admit card. Candidates are advised to keep a print out of their admit card for further process.
TNSET 2020 Answer Key
The exam conducting authority will publish the TNSET 2020 Answer Key, after the commencement of written examination. The answer key will be released for all papers separately.
Through answer key, candidates will be able to check their answers of the questions asked in the examination. University will also provide the opportunity to submit objection regarding answer key.
Candidates will be able to submit their objection through online mode via email within 15 days. After the due date, no grievance regarding answer key will be entertained. Candidates will have to pay RS. 1000 through demand draft to challenge the answer key.
TNSET 2020 Result
TNSET 2020 Result will be declared through online mode. The candidates who will qualify their entrance exam are also notified by the authority by SMS on their registered mobile number. The TNSET Result 2020 will be declared by first week of April 2020.
Top 6 % candidates for will be declared qualified for Assistant Professor. Candidates will have to login and enter their Date of Birth & roll number to check their result.
TNSET 2020 Cut-Off
TNSET 2020 Cut-Off is the minimum marks candidates will have to score to qualify the examination. Cut-off will be based on number of candidates participated in the entrance exam, availability of seats, difficulty level of exam & previous year cut-offs.
In case of General/ OBC (Creamy Layer) categories, candidates will have to score minimum 40 % marks. In case of OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PWD categories, candidates will have to score at least 35% aggregate marks.
TNSET 2020 Counselling
TNSET 2020 Counselling (Interview Round) will be started in the month of April 2020. On the basis of marks secured by the candidates, the authority will release the merit list.
On the basis of merit list, candidates will have to appear in the counselling process. It will be necessary to reach the cut-off marks to be eligible for the interview round.
For any other queries related to TNSET 2020, you can ask us by leaving your queries below.