Punjab JET 2019 eligibility criteria will help the candidates to know that whether they are eligible for the admission process or not. Punjab Joint Entrance Test is conducted every year by the PSBTE & IT, Chandigarh. From the year 2016, entrance exam will not be conducted to offer admission into diploma courses in Punjab state. JET is a state level admission procedure which is organized on the basis of merit of qualifying examination of the candidate. In this article, we have mentioned the complete information about Punjab JET eligibility criteria 2019.
Punjab JET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates those are wishing to apply for Punjab JET 2019 admission process should fulfill the complete eligibility criteria. Without satisfying the eligibility criteria prescribed by the official authority, no candidate can fill the admission form.
In case, the candidate will found to be ineligible on a later stage, their candidature will be cancelled on the spot. So, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria carefully and then proceed for the application form.
Punjab JET 2019 Eligibility
Check the eligibility criteria given below carefully and then only fill the Punjab JET admission form.
- The candidate should be an India citizen.
- The candidates those passed the matriculation exam from the schools located in UT(Chandigarh) are eligible for admission under 15% quota in the institutions located in Punjab State.
- The candidates those passed matriculation exam from Punjab and other states can get admission in the institutions located in Chandigarh under 15% quota.
- There is no lower or upper age limit to apply for admission.
- The candidates will be shortlisted in the basis of the merit of the subjects Maths, Science and English with overall status pass in 10th class examination.
- Candidates must have obtained 35% in 10th/matric examination.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
The seats are reserved in each of the polytechnic institution in the state of Punjab as per government orders. Here, we have mentioned the percentage of seat reserved in each category.
|Category||Reservation of seats (in %)|
|Scheduled Castes/Schedule Tribes||25%|
|Border Areas/Backward Areas (2% each)||4%|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighters||1%|
|Children/widows of defence personnel||2%|
|Children/widows of Para-military forces personnel||2%|
|November 1984 riots||2%|
|Sibling (single) Girl Child or one of the girl of parents||1%|
|Reservation for T-Sunami affected person||1%|
Punjab JET 2019 Application Form
Candidates are advised to read the prospectus carefully to fill the Punjab JET 2019 application form. The application form will be available through online mode only. No other mode will be available to fill and submit the application form.
The candidates can fill the application form from the second week of May 2019. The registration window will be opened till the second week of June 2019. After the last date of filling application form, no candidate will be permitted to fill and submit the application form.
Candidates have to pay the registration fee through online mode. Only after the payment of the application fee, the application form will be accepted by the authority. The application fee will be Rs. 550/- For each candidate.
If you have any other queries to ask us regarding Punjab JET 2019 Eligibility Criteria, you may leave your queries below.