NEST 2019 (National Entrance Screening Test) will be organized to offered admission in 5 years of integrated M.Sc programme. The admission will be offered by the National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER), Bhubaneshwar and University of Mumbai-Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, Mumbai. It is a national level entrance exam. The above course is provided in these areas, i.e. Basic Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The exam is conducted once in a year. Here, we have mentioned the NEST 2019 complete details.
NEST 2019 Notifications –
NEST 2019 Notification and Exam details will be released on or after 26th December 2018. Check below for more details.
NEST 2019 Exam Dates
The NEST exam dates for 2019 are given here. Candidates can check and follow the events as per the given dates.
|Notification related application form||4th week of December 2018|
|Opening of online application form||1st week of January 2019|
|Closing of application form||1st week of March 2019|
|Availability of admit card||4th week of April 2019|
|Date of examination||1st week of June 2019|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of June 2019|
NEST Application Form 2019
It is advised to the applying candidates that first read the complete information brochure and then fill the application form.
- Candidates have to register online on the official website to fill further online application form.
- The registration will be started from the first week of January 2019.
- The NEST application form can be filled till the first week of March 2019.
- After click on ‘Registration’ and ‘Login’ candidates have to fill the academic and personal details.
- Candidates have to fill the exam city preference while filing application form.
- Also upload the digital copy of passport size photograph and scanned image of signature in .jpeg or .jpg format (size limit: 100 kb).
- Take the printout after the submission of application fee.
- The application fee for General and OBC male will be Rs. 1000/- and for Female, SC/ST and PwD category candidates Rs. 500/-.
- Application fee can be paid through SBI payment gateway. It can also be paid using debit cards/credit cards issued by all major banks or through net banking facility.
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to be eligible to sit in the NEST 2019 entrance exam.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized Board in India in the years 2017 or 2018 or be appearing for the same in 2019.
- Subjects: Candidate should be from regular science stream with only combination of at least three subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes XI and XII.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in class 12th examination. For candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories, the minimum requirement of marks is relaxed to 55% in aggregate.
- Age Limit: General and OBC category candidates should born on or after August 01, 1999.
- The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
NEST Exam Pattern 2019
Here, candidates can check the exam pattern of NEST 2019 exam.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
- Duration: The exam will be of about 3 hours.
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQ) type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 230 marks.
- Language: The language of question paper will be English only.
- Sections: The question paper will consist of 5 (five) sections, each of the section will be 50 marks but general section will carry 30 marks.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking in section 1. There is a negative marking for answering wrong in other sections.
NEST 2019 Syllabus
The exam conducting authority will published the syllabus for the exam on their website. The NEST syllabus will follows the NCERT/CBSE science syllabus of class 11th & 12th.
However, there is no specific syllabus for the general section. It is only to test the candidate’s aptitude for a career in science.
Some questions will be asked to test the candidate’s general ability to comprehend qualitative and quantitative aspects of a given scientific passage.
For subject sections, the questions will be asked from the respective subject.
FAQ’S (Most Asked Questions)
NEST Admit Card 2019
The NEST admit card will be available for download from the fourth week of April 2019. The download link will be available only till the day of examination. It can be downloaded from the online application portal.
Candidates must bring their admit card along with school photo ID card or any other photo ID issued by Government agencies to the examination hall. It is advised to keep safe one copy of admit card because the successful candidates have to produce the admit card in original during admission.
NEST Result 2019
After the completion of written exam, the result will be declared through online mode. NEST result will be published in the third week of June 2019.
A common merit list of the candidates will be prepared after the declaration of result and posted on NEST 2019 website. A unique rank will be assigned to the candidates in the merit list.
NEST 2019 Counselling
The admission through NEST 2019 will be offered strictly on the basis of merit list. NEST 2019 counselling will be conducted through offline mode. Candidates have to report to the counselling venue at the specified date & time.
The final admission will be offered on subject to verification of all original certificates at the time of admission/counselling. The candidates will be asked to participate in an admission/counselling process strictly according to the merit list.
If you have any other queries about NEST 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.