IIFT 2020 will be organized by Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. This is a national level entrance examination conducted every year to offer admission into MBA (International Business) programme. Admission into IIFT will be provided to the candidates who will successfully qualify this entrance exam. Qualifying candidates will be offered seats in Delhi and Kolkata campus. After the entrance test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds will be organized to provide admission. In this article, we have provided details related to IIFT 2020 Application form, eligibility criterion, important dates, exam pattern, syllabus etc.
IIFT 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check below all the tentative dates for various events of IIFT 2020:
|Starting of Online Application||1st week of August 2019|
|Last date to apply online||4th week of September 2019|
|Last date for requesting change in test center by paying fee||1st week of November 2019|
|Last date of applying through submitting GMAT score for foreign nationals and NRIs||3rd week of February 2019|
|Release of Admit card||3rd week of November 2019|
|IIFT 2020 Exam||1st week of December 2019|
|Declaration of Results||1st week of January 2020|
|Scorecard release date||2nd week of January 2020|
|GD and PI Rounds||January or February 2020|
IIFT 2020 Application Form
Check below the complete details of application form of IIFT 2020:
- The Online Registration process of IIFT 2020 will start from the first week of August 2019.
- Complete application process will consist of various steps – Online Registration, filling the application form, payment of application fee, uploading of photograph and signature and printing the application.
- Last date to fill the application form online is expected till the fourth week of September 2019
- Candidates can register and fill the application form by online mode only.
- Candidates can also request for changes in the opted test center by paying a certain amount of fee in the first week of November 2019.
- Before submitting the application form, applicants must cross check all the filled details. Incomplete or incorrectly filled application form will be rejected by the authority.
The Application form Fee for various categories is mentioned below:
- For UR and other category candidates – Rs.1650
- For ST/SC/PWD Candidates – Rs. 825
The application fee is non-refundable. Candidates can pay the application fee by online mode through debit card or credit card.
IIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, go through the complete eligibility criterion of IIFT 2020:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian National. Foreign Nationals are also eligible.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree of minimum duration of 3 years in any discipline from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have passed with minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying exam. ST/SC/PwD candidates must have secured minimum of 45% marks.
- Age Criteria: There is no upper or lower age limit prescribed to apply.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in their final year of graduation can also apply.
IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the complete exam pattern of IIFT 2020 given below before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Mode & Date: IIFT 2020 exam will be conducted in the first week of December 2019 by Pen and Paper (offline) mode.
- Number & Type of Questions: There will be total of 123 objective type questions in the exam.
- Time Duration: Total time of 120 minutes will be given to complete the paper.
- Sections: The question paper will consist of various sections like English Grammar, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Vocabulary and Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Analysis.
- Language Medium: The exam paper will be in the language medium of English.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of total 100 marks. 0.5 to 1 mark will be given in different sections for giving right answers.
- Marking Scheme: Various sections in the question paper will have different marking scheme. There will be negative marking of 1/3 of the allotted marks for wrong responses.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||25|
IIFT 2020 Syllabus
The IIFT 2020 syllabus will contain various topics from the English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis sections.
Various topics included in various sections are given below:
- Logical Reasoning: Linear & Matrix Arrangements, Visual & Critical Reasoning, Coding & Decoding, Sequencing, Cause & Effect, Family Tree Problem, Symbol based Problem, etc.
- Vocabulary and Comprehension: Spellings, Word meaning match, Sentence Completion, Sentence Arrangement, Grammar, Synonyms, Figure of Speech, Phrases, Reading Comprehension etc.
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs: Topics related to current scenarios, political, economic, sports awareness, International Affairs, Awards & Awardees, Politics etc.
- Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis: Parentages, HCF & LCM, Vectors, Logarithm, Venn Diagram, Number System, Median, Mode, Clocks, Calendar, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Installments payments Time, Speed, Distance, Ratios & Proportions, Simple interest etc.
IIFT Preparation Tips
Candidates can take help of below given preparation tips to enhance their preparation of IIFT 2020:
- Make a proper study routine before starting the exam preparation.
- Write done all the important points or concepts in your notebook.
- Attempt mock tests to analyze your preparation level and make changes accordingly.
- Solve past papers or sample papers for a good practice and experience.
- Revise all the noted down important points and concepts.
- Prepare from those sources of study materials which are mostly recommended by experts and professionals.
FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
IIFT 2020 Admit Card
IIFT 2020 Admit card will be released after completion of application process. Candidates can download the admit card in the third week of November 2019 by online mode. To download the admit card, candidates have to enter their name and application number.
The Admit card will contain various details of the candidate like name, category, gender, application number, roll number, exam date, exam time, exam center, exam center address, exam day instructions and photograph and signature of the candidate. In case any discrepancy arises at the time of downloading the admit card, candidates can contact the officials.
IIFT 2020 Answer Key
Students will be able to check the answer key through online mode. IIFT answer key 2020 will be released along with question papers.
Through answer key, candidates can check their rough marks for the examination. The authority may also provide the opportunity to challenge against the answer key.
IIFT Result 2020
IIFT 2020 Results will be released in the first week of January 2020. Candidates will be able to check their result and download their scorecard by entering their registered User Id and Date of Birth.
The result will be available in the form of PDF. Candidates securing marks above the declared qualifying marks will be shortlisted for further admission process.
IIFT Cut Off
Only the students securing the cut off marks as decided by the authority will be considered eligible for further IIFT 2020 admission round. Below we have provided the expected cut off marks for various categories:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
IIFT 2020 Scorecard
The scorecard will contain various details like candidate’s name, category, date of birth, section score, total score and percentile score. The scorecard is an important document which must be downloaded by the candidates.
It has to be shown by the students at the time of admission. Candidates can get the IIFT score card through online mode. It will be released along with the result.
Out of the total seats, some of the seats will be reserved for candidates of various categories which are mentioned below:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
IIFT 2020 Admission
After the announcement of results, merit list will be published by the authority online. Candidates successfully qualifying the test with minimum qualifying marks will be shortlisted in the merit list. Various campuses will release separate merit list short listing the students for GD and PI rounds.
Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds will be organized in the month of January or February 2020. At the time of admission process, the document verification of the candidates will be done.
For Foreign National candidates, admission will be provided into IIFT on the basis of GMAT Score and Interview. Candidates have to send their valid GMAT scorecard copy with the application form to the authority.
If you have any query regarding IIFT 2020, you can ask your query in the comments section below.