Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Pattern can be checked from the brochure available on the website. Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the state level entrance exam of PGCET to offer admission in various PG programmes. Candidates qualifying the entrance test successfully get admission in MBA, MCA, M.E, M.Tech and other programmes in various institutions situated in Karnataka state. Through this article we have provided complete information related to Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern 2019.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern of Karnataka PGCET 2019 will be released by KEA on the website. Check the complete exam pattern of various PG programmes below:
- Exam Mode: Karnataka PGCET 2019 entrance exam will be organized in offline mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: Total of 75 questions will be there in the entrance test for M.Tech programmes in various branches.
- The questions will be of multiple choices. For MBA programme, the test will contain 100 MCQs.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the question paper will be of total 150 minutes duration for various programmes.
- For MCA Programme: There will be total of 80 MCQs asked in the paper.
- The question paper will contain two parts – Part A and Part B.
- Part A will contain 60 questions and part B will contain 20 questions.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English language only.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of Karnataka PGCET 2019 is described below:
- The questions paper for the admission into MCA, M.Tech and MBA programme will be of total 100 marks. Each question will carry 1 mark.
- For the MCA Programme, Part A of the question paper will contain questions of 1 mark each and Part B will contain questions of 2 marks each.
- There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Syllabus
Karnataka Examination Authority prescribes the Syllabus for Karnataka PGCET 2019 entrance exam. Candidates can check the complete syllabus for the entrance test of MBA, M.Tech, MCA and other programmes from the website.
The Syllabus for the entrance test will differ for various courses. Below we have provided the syllabus for M.Tech Programme for various disciplines
For M.Tech Programme (Civil Engineering):
Various topics included in the syllabus are – Building Engineering Science, Elements of Civil Engineering and Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Surveying, Geo-technical Engineering, Structures, Transportation Engineering, Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering, Irrigation, Hydrology
For M.Tech Programme (Chemical Engineering):
Various topics included in the syllabus are – Momentum Transfer, Process Calculations, Heat Transfer, Mechanical Operations, Material Science, Thermodynamics, Process Control and Instrumentation, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Process Industries, Industrial pollution control, Process modeling, Mass Transfer Operations.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Preparation Tips
Follow the given below preparation tips to score well and get qualified in the Karnataka PGCET 2019 Entrance test:
- Review the complete syllabus and exam pattern before starting the exam preparation.
- Make a study timetable and follow it in a disciplined way.
- Start noting down important formulas and concepts at one place.
- Revise the prepared notes at the end of the day.
- Solve past papers of PGCET to know the exam trend.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Pattern must be checked by the students before preparing for the entrance exam. With the help of exam pattern candidates will be able to know the type of questions, language medium. Exam mode, marking scheme and other details of entrance test.
If you have any query related to Karnataka PGCET 2019 Exam Pattern, you can ask your query in the comments section given below.