JEST 2019 application form will be announced on 1st November 2018. JEST is a national level entrance exam which is conducted by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). Through JEST entrance exam candidates can apply for admission in Ph.D/Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuro-Science or Computational Biology. The admission will be offered by the various institutions participating in JEST 2019. In this article, candidates can get the complete information regarding JEST application form 2019.
JEST 2019 Application Form – Notification & Exam Dates Released
JEST 2019 Notification & Exam Dates has been released. The application form will be released on 1st November 2018. Check here for other exam dates.
The application form filing instructions are given below. Candidates should go through these instructions carefully.
- Candidates can access the JEST 2019 application form through online mode.
- The exam conducting authority will release the application form from the third week of November 2018.
- Candidates will able to fill and submit the online application form till the third week of December 2018.
- It is necessary to register and pay the application fee in order to complete the application form process.
- Candidates can modify the application form only till the end of December 2018.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the details as per the instructions given by the authority. Do not provide any false information.
- After submitting the application form, keep the printout of it and keep it till the admission procedure.
The application fee will be Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150 for SC/ST). The application fee can be deposited through online (Debit card/Credit card/Net-banking) payment gateway.
Here, we have mentioned the basic eligibility criteria to appear in JEST entrance exam. However, for providing admissions all participating institutions have their own eligibility norms.
|Ph.D (Physics)||M.Sc. in Physics. (Some institutions accept B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc./M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics).|
|Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science or in related area.|
|Ph.D in Neuroscience at NBRC||M.Sc (Physics/Mathematics), B.E/B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science.|
|Ph.D in Computational Biology at IMSc||M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech/MCA in any discipline.|
|Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech-Ph.D (Physics)||B. Sc. (Physics/Mathematics).
For NISER, B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech in Engineering (Physics) with 60% and above.
For IIA, B.Sc. (Physics/Mathematics) /B.E./ B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Engineering Physics/Electronics and Communications/ Computer Science & Engineering/Optics and Photonics.
IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS, B.Sc. (Physics).
|Integrated Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related stream.|
|Integrated M.Tech-Ph.D. at IIA||M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics)/Post-B.Sc. (Hons.) in Optics and Optoelectronics/Radio Physics & Electronics.|
|Integrated Ph.D. at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram||B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech. in any discipline.|
JEST 2019 Application Dates
Here, candidates can check the tentative JEST 2019 dates.
|Commencement of application form||3rd week of November 2018|
|Last date to fill and submit application form||3rd week of December 2018|
|Date of examination||3rd week of February 2019|
How to Apply for JEST
Get the how to apply procedure for applying in JEST entrance exam below:
- Navigate the official website (link will be given above).
- Enter your email Id and password to register.
- On successful registration, an email will be sent to the candidate’s registered email-id with a confirmation link for verification.
- After that click on the send link to complete the registration process.
- Fill all the required details carefully.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Click on ‘Fee Payment’ and fill the fee details to submit the fee.
- After confirming your account, use the ‘Apply’ link to submit the application form.
- After successful submission of application an ‘Application form ID” along with application number will be send by the authority.
- Note down this application number for further logins.
- On successful submission of the application form take the printout of it.
If you have any other queries about JEST 2019 Application Form, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.