JEST 2018 Interview Process for various courses has been started from 20th April 2018. Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted by several premier research institutes for admission to PhD and Integrated PhD programme in its different participating institutions. The JEST examination is held for two subjects only, namely, physics and theoretical computer science/neuroscience/Computational Biology. JEST is recognized as a National Eligibility Test (NET) by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB). In this article, we are providing detailed information about JEST 2018.
JEST 2018 Notification:
JEST 2019 Notification & Exam Dates has been released. The application form will be released on 1st November 2018. Check here for JEST 2019.
JEST 2018 Interview Process for various courses has been started from 20th April 2018.Click here to check the interview schedule.
JEST 2018 Result has been declared on 22nd March 2018. Check here for result details.
List of candidates shortlisted for Theretical Computer Science Interview process has been released now. Check here for details.
JEST 2018 Final Answer Key has been released now. Check here for answer key details.
JEST 2018 Answer Key for Physics Paper has been released. Click here to check the answer key.
JEST 2018 Admit Card has been released on 24th January 2018. Check here for admit card details.
JEST 2018 Application Form Last Date has been over by 22nd December 2017. Check here for application details.
JEST Exam Date 2018
The official exam schedule of JEST 2018 is given in the below table:
|Commencement of online application form||17th November 2017|
|Last date for the submission of application form||22nd December 2017 (Extended)
|Hosting of admit card||24th January 2018|
|Date of examination||18th February 2018|
|Answer Key Release||27th February 2018|
|Last date to submit objection regarding answer key||2nd March 2018|
|Declaration of Results||22nd March 2018|
|Interviews Starts||20th April 2018|
JEST Result 2018
JEST 2018 result has been declared on the website after few days of the examination. The result has been declared on 22nd March 2018. The scorecard of JEST will be released after the result declaration. The validity of scorecard is for one year only. The interviews has been started from 20th April 2018.
Click here to view JEST 2018 Participating Institutions
JEST 2018 Answer Key
Candidates who have appeared the examination can check the JEST 2018 answer key through online mode. The answer key for Physics paper has been published on 27th February 2018. It has been released for all sets. Candidates can submit their objection regarding answer key till 2nd March 2018. Candidates have to send their objections via Email to [email protected]
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Click here to check more FAQs for JEST 2018
Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is a national level entrance test organized by the Science & Engineering Research Board. Through this exam, students will get admission in Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D courses in Physics, Theoretical Computer Science and many other fields. It will be organized in the month of February 2019.
JEST 2018 Application Form
- For the convenience of the candidates, online filing of an application for JEST 2018 was facilitated by the authority.
- JEST application form 2018 was released on 17th November 2017.
- To apply for JEST 2018, candidates must have a valid email-id.
- At the time of filling the application form, a candidate also has to upload the scanned photograph and signature in jpg format.
- The application procedure was completed after submission of application form and successful e-payment of application fee.
- After submitting the application form, candidates was receive an intimation email from JEST website regarding successful submission of application.
The amount that a candidate need to pay in the form of application fee was Rs. 300 (Rs 150 for SC/ST applicants only). The application fee can be paid using Debit/Credit cards and Net-banking.
Here, we are providing the eligibility criteria for JEST 2018. However, candidates are suggested to also visit the websites of the participating institutes of their interest to know more about the qualification requirement.
|Ph.D Programme Physics||
|Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||
|Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC||
|Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc||
|Integrated M.Sc./ M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)||
|Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc||
|Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA||
|Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.||
Click here to view detailed JEST Eligibility Criteria
JEST Exam Pattern 2018
The details about the JEST 2018 exam pattern is given below:
- Courses Offered: JEST is held for entrance to the PhD and Integrated PhD programme in Physics and Theoretical Computer Science.
- Exam Mode: The test will be conducted in OMR answer sheet (offline exam).
- Number of Questions: The question paper of Physics will have two parts i.e. Part A and Part B. There will be 25 questions in each part with a total of 50 questions. Theoretical Computer Science will have total 7 questions.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of Theoretical Computer Science have questions of both types – some requiring short answers and some involving detailed problem solving. Physics question paper will be based on objective type questions.
- Exam Duration: The test will be of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: The Part-A of Physics question paper will contain questions of 3 marks each while Part-B will contain questions of 1 mark.
Click here to view JEST TCS Sample Paper
Click here to view JEST Physics Sample Paper
JEST 2018 Syllabus
The standard of the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) will be that of graduation or post-graduation level. The test of Theoretical Computer Science focuses on Analytical Reasoning and Deduction, Combinatorics, Data Structures and Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Principles of Programming. The questions of Physics will appear from topics such as Mathematical Methods, Classic Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Optics, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics and Electronics.
Click here to view JEST Physics Syllabus
JEST Admit Card 2018
The admit card has been released on 24th January 2018. Candidates need to download the JEST Admit Card from the website only. Candidates are required to bring the admit card along with one identity proof to the examination center.
For any query regarding JEST 2018, you may ask us by commenting below in the comment box.