ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AFCAT EXAM
There is different eligibility criteria for each branch we is explain below
1. FLYING BRANCH
- Education Qualification – Graduates from recognized University from 60% marks and have Passed Maths and Physics at 10+2.
- Age limit – 19-23 years.
- Height – 162.5 cms
2. TECHNICAL BRANCH
- Education Qualification – Electronics & Mechanical candidates are minimum of 4 year degree qualification or cleared section A and B examination of Associate Membership of(India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers .
- Age Limit – 18-28 years.
- Height – 157.5 cms(men) and 152 cms(women).
3. GROUND DUTY BRANCH
Administration & Logistics – Graduates with 60% markss and Post Graduates/equivalent Diploma from recognized University from 50% marks.
- Accounts – Graduates(B.Com) with 60% marks and Post Graduates(M.com)/CA/ICWA Diploma with 50% marks.
- Education – Post Graduates from recognized University from 50% Marks.
- AGE LIMIT – 20-23 years for graduates and 20-25 Years for post graduates & 20-27 Years for M.ed/PH.D/CA/ICWA .
- HEIGHT – 157.5 cms(men) and 152 cms(women).
The question paper for AFCAT is quiet easy. The engineering students who have prepared for their placement during their final semesters or the people who have prepared to write the bank exam or IBPS may find this quite easy. Questions of mathematics should be solved using short cut trick to save the time. As there is no any class for reasoning till graduation so better to take help from coaching which provides classes for reasoning and short tricks method of mathematics.
TYPE OF COMMISSION:
Permanent Commission : Candidates joining as Permanent Commission (PC) officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
Short Service Commission :
- The Engagement period for SSC Flying Branch is Fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable).
- The initial tenure for Short Service Commission is for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, service for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, service requirements and availability of vacancies.