UCEED 2019 Notification has been released now. Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED 2019) is conducted for admission into 4 years of B.Des course. It is s national level entrance exam. The admission will be offered by the IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur. UCEED is conducted every year by the IIT Bombay under the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee. In this article, candidates can get the full information on UCEED 2019, including some other important details related to the exam and admission.
UCEED 2019 Notification – Notification Released
UCEED 2019 Complete Notification, Exam dates and other details have been released. The registration process will be started from 9th October 2018. Check here for notification & application form details.
UCEED 2019 Exam Date
In this section we have mentioned the UCEED 2019 dates related to its examination events.
|Commencement of online application||9th October 2018|
|Last date of application||9th November 2018|
|Registration with late fee||10th-16th November 2018|
|Downloading of admit card||1st January 2019|
|Date of Examination||19th January 2019|
|Announcement of result||1st March 2019|
|Application for B.Des programme||June 2019|
|Seat allotment||1st week of July 2019|
UCEED 2019 Application Form
The authority will accept the applications from the candidates those will be eligible to sit in the exam. So, candidates must read the information brochure first and then fill the application form.
- UCEED 2019 application form will be submitted through online mode.
- The registration for the exam will be started from the second week of October 2018.
- The registration procedure will be continued till the second week of November 2018.
- Candidates should fill the 3 cities of their choice in the order of preference, at the time of online application.
- The application form will be accepted only after payment of the application fee.
Documents to be uploaded at the time of online registration:
- A recent colour photograph taken within the last six months.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature.
- Qualifying examination certificate, if appeared in 2018.
- A certificate from the school/college principal if appearing in 2019 for the board exam.
- If the name is not same as in the Class XII certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name.
- OBC-NCL, SC, ST or PwD certificate issued by a competent authority.
- PWD candidates requiring scribe and/or extra time (20 minutes/hour) during the exam need to upload a request letter.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 1000 for all women candidates.
- 1000 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and Rs. 2000 for all other candidates.
- The fee can be paid only through online mode through registration portal.
- The registration fee will be neither refundable nor transferable.
Here we have mentioned the complete eligibility to appear in B.Des programme.
- Nationality: UCEED is open to Indian/Foreign and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/PIO (Person of Indian Origin) card holders.
- Age Limit: Candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1994 (Open or OBC-NCL) and on or October 1, 1989 (SC/ST/PwD category).
- Qualifying Exam: The applying candidate should pass the 12th or its equivalent exam from the recognized board/university.
- Stream: Candidates passed with any stream, i.e., Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities are eligible to appear in UCEED 2019.
- Appearing Candidates: Those passed in 2018 or studying in their final year (2019) of qualifying exam are eligible to apply.
- Validity of Score Card: UCEED 2019 score card will be valid only for the academic year2019-20.
UCEED 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the exam pattern given here before proceeding to prepare for the examination.
- Mode: UCEED is a computer based examination (online mode).
- Duration: The duration of exam will be 3 hours.
- Maximum Marks: The question paper will be of maximum 300 marks.
- Sections: The question paper will be consisting of 3 sections.
- Type of Questions: In section A, Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions will be asked. Section B and section C will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will awarded for each correct answer and no negative marking in section-A and section-B. In section-C, 3 marks will be allotted for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
The questions will be set for the UCEED 2019 exam from the topics as Visualization and spatial ability, Observation and design sensitivity, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity and Design thinking and problem solving. Candidates must go through these topics to score well in the exam.
Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh,Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram,Thrissur and Vishakapatnam.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
UCEED Admit Card 2019
Candidates whose registration will be completed in all aspects will able to download the admit card. UCEED admit card 2019 can be downloaded from the online application portal.
The admit card will be available from the fourth week of December 2018. The discrepancy and rectification can be done till the first week of January 2019.
In case, admit card will not be available for downloading, the candidate should contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) UCEED & CEED 2019 at IIT Bombay immediately via email or phone.
UCEED Answer Key
The UCEED answer key along with question paper will be released on the website in the last week of January 2019. Candidates can check the draft answer key and compare their answers to know the correct answers.
In case any objection regarding draft answer key, the final answer key will be published by the UCEED committee after reviewing all the comments from the candidates.
UCEED 2019 Result
UCEED result 2019 will be declared in the third week of February 2019. The result will be declared through online mode. Candidates can use their user login and password (created during registration process) for viewing the results.
UCEED qualified candidates can also download their score cards along with the result. The authority will also prepare the rank list on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidate in the exam.
UCEED Admission Procedure
UCEED qualified candidates have to apply separately for B. Des admissions after the result declaration. UCEED Admissions shall be made in order of merit in each category. The candidate must be qualified and have obtained a rank in UCEED exam to be eligible for the admission.
Candidates have to fill their personal particulars and select institutes of their choice by indicating the order of preference in the admission form. Candidates also have to submit the processing fee to participate in the counselling. The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their ranks in the merit list and filled choices.
If you have any other queries about UCEED 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.