ISI 2020 entrance exam will be conducted by Indian Statistical Institute. ISI organizes this national level entrance exam once in a year to offer opportunity to the candidates to get admission in various UG and PG courses. Admission will be offered in the B.Math (Hons.), B.Stat (Hons.), M.Stat, M.Math, MS (QE), MS (QMS), M.Tech and other programmes. Candidates are required to qualify the entrance test to get admission in various campuses located in Delhi, Tezpur, Chennai and Bengaluru. Students can also apply for admission in M.Tech through GATE Scores. Candidates can go through this article to know more about ISI 2020 exam procedure, application form, exam related dates, result, counselling etc.
B.Math (Hons.), B. Stat (Hons.), M. Math, M. Stat, MS (QE), MS (LIS), MS (QMS), M. Tech (CS), M. Tech (QROR), M. Tech (CRS) etc.
ISI 2020 Exam Dates
Check below tentative ISI 2020 Exam Dates for various events:
|Notification Release||4th week of January 2020|
|Online Registration Start||1st week of February 2020|
|Online Registration Close||2nd week of March 2020|
|Fee Payment Last Date||3rd week of March 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2020|
|Exam Date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2020|
ISI 2020 Application Form
- For the applying candidates, ISI 2020 Application Form will be open from the first week of February 2020 and will get closed in the second week of March 2020.
- Candidates are required to fill application form by online mode.
- To complete the application process successfully, students must have access to – internet, a valid email id, scanned copy of signature and digital copy of his/her photograph.
- Before filling the application, students must make sure to go through the complete eligibility criteria.
- Students belonging to reserved category (ST/SC/OBC – NCL) are required to upload their caste certificate. PwD are required to upload their disability certificate.
- The Application process will follow certain steps like – Registration, Filling up of form, uploading of documents and making fee payment.
- Candidates will submit their application form and take the print out of application form for further process.
- General Applicants have to pay Rs. 1000.
- Reserved Applicants have to pay Rs. 500.
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay application fee + bank charges. The application fee can be paid via debit/credit card or net banking. Also it can be paid through SBI Challan.
ISI 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For various UG and PG Courses, ISI 2020 Eligibility Criteria is given below:
For B. Stat (Hons) / B. Math (Hons.):
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have completed his/her 12th level from a recognized board/university.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed 12th level with Mathematics and English subjects.
- Appearing: Students appearing in their 12th level can also apply.
For PG Courses:
- M.Stat: Candidate have passed three-year Bachelor’s degree or BE/B. Tech degree with Statistics as a subject or B. Math degree from ISI or post graduate diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI.
- M.Math: Candidate must possess a three-year Bachelor’s degree or BE/B. Tech degree with Mathematics as a subject or B. Stat from ISI.
- MS (QE): Candidate must have passed three-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and have passed 12th standard exam with Mathematics as a subject.
- M.Tech (CS): Candidate must possess BE or B. Tech degree or master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Electronic Science/Computer Application/ Computer Science/ Information Technology or its equivalent.
ISI 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of ISI 2020 will vary for various courses. Check the exam pattern given below before starting your preparation for the exam:
- Exam Mode: ISI 2020 Entrance exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Question Type: Questions in the test will be of multiple-choice type and descriptive type. The questions will vary for various courses.
- Sections: Question paper will be divided into two Sections – A and B.
- Total Time: Two hours of time will be given for each section.
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
ISI 2020 Syllabus
ISI 2020 Syllabus will vary as per the courses chosen by the candidates. The entrance exam for graduation courses will consist of questions from 12th level. For post-graduate courses the test will consist of questions from the syllabus of graduation level.
For B.Stat / B.Math course, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subject of Mathematics – Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry & Geometry.
For M.Stat course, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Mathematics and Statistics.
ISI 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can prepare for the test by following the below preparation tips:
- Candidates are advised to prepare as per the syllabus and make short notes of formulas and important points for quick revision.
- Candidates can go through previous year question paper available online for the preparation.
- Candidates can purchase a test series and give a test at least on weekly basis to judge their performance for the upcoming examination.
- Candidates are advised to revise on daily basis. They can revise in evening whatever they learn during day time.
- Candidates are advised to keep practicing tough topics to get good command in them.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
ISI 2020 Admit Card
ISI 2020 Admit Card will be available on the website for downloading in the second week of April 2020. Candidates can download their admit card by filling their user name and password. The admit card will contain information regarding the exam venue, date, time, candidate’s photograph and signature with a set of instructions for the exam.
Candidates will be allowed at the exam centre for written test only be showing the hard copy of admit card. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates via post. Students are advised to keep this admit card safely for the further process of admission.
ISI 2020 Answer Key
ISI 2020 Answer Key will be released after the successful completion of the examination. Answer key can be accessed by the candidates through online mode. Candidates can view their answer key filling their user name and password after clicking on the link provided for download.
Answer key will be released paper code wise in odd and even series. Candidates can download answer key and match their answers from the answer key. If any candidate wishes to object any answer, he/she can object by filling an objection form.
ISI 2020 Result
ISI 2020 Result will be declared in the first week of June 2020. Candidates can download their result by filling user name and password online. The result will contain the marks and rank secured by the candidates in the written test.
Candidates qualifying the test will be called for next interview process.
A merit list will be prepared based on marks secured by the candidates and the candidates will be then called for the process of interview in the order of merit. Candidates are advised to take print out of the result for further use in the admission process.
ISI 2020 Interview
ISI 2020 Interview will be organized for candidates shortlisted in the merit list released online. In interview, the questions will be asked from the relevant syllabus and some personal question will be asked. A panel will conduct the interview of the candidates.
Based on the marks secured by the candidates in written and interview, a merit list will be prepared for the selection of the candidates. Selected candidates can apply for admission process. Result of interview will be published online after few days.
No interview letter will be sent via post to the candidates. Candidates have to download interview letter online.
ISI 2020 Admission Procedure
ISI 2020 Admission Procedure will be based on the merit list which will be prepared as per the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam and interview. List of selected candidates for admission will be published online.
Candidates past academic records will also be considered for the process of interview. If at any stage, a candidate is found that he is not satisfying eligibility criteria then his candidature will get cancelled. Students have to submit their necessary documents for verification purpose.
If any candidate is found failed during programme or at any disciplinary ground, they will not be eligible for the same course again. The decision of institute in all matters related to admission will be final. Reservation system will be followed by the institute for the reserved category.
If you have any query regarding ISI 2020, you can ask your query by leaving your comment below.