Latest Applications Open 2019:
BITSAT 2019 Application Form is releasing in the first week of January 2019. Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2019) is a university level exam organized by the BITS, Pilani. It is a computer based exam conducted for providing admission in various degree courses offered by Pilani campus, K.K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus of BITS. It is mandatory to qualify the BITSAT 2019 exam to get admission in various courses for the academic year 2019-20. Through BITSAT exam, students will get admission in BE, B.Pharma & M.Sc courses in various specializations. Here we are providing details about BITSAT 2019 including application, dates, eligibility criteria, pattern, etc.
BITSAT 2019 Notifications – Application Releasing from 1st wk Jan
BITSAT 2019 Application Form is releasing in the first week of January 2019. Check here for application form details.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Dates
In the table given below, we have mentioned the tentative dates of BITSAT 2019:
|Application form release||3rd week of December 2018|
|Last date to submit the application||2nd week of March 2019|
|Application editing window||2nd to 3rd week of March 2019|
|Allotment of exam centre||4th week of March 2019|
|Slot booking by candidates||4th week of March to 1st week of April 2019|
|Release of hall ticket||2nd week of April to 2nd week of May 2019|
|Exam date||3rd week to last week of May 2019|
|Apply for admission (basis of 12th marks)||1st week of May to 3rd week of June 2019|
|Admit list and wait list release||3rd week of June 2019|
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
- Students will be able to fill the BITSAT application form through online mode.
- Only one application form will be accepted by each candidate.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of photograph must be between 4 KB to 50 KB and signature size should be 1 KB to 30 KB.
- Candidates also have to submit three preferences for exam centres.
- The university will provide one time correction facility to the candidates.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to the university.
- For Indian exam centres, the application fee will be Rs. 2950/- for male candidates and Rs. 2450/- for female candidates.
- For Dubai exam centre, candidates have to pay Rs. 4500/- (US$70).
- The application fee is non refundable.
- Payment can be done through debit/credit card and net banking.
- Students can also pay by cash payment through generated Pay-in Slip.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
Here we are providing the eligibility criteria of various courses offered under BITSAT exam:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 12th exams of 10+2 system in the year 2018 from any recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must have PCM subjects (PCB subjects for B.Pharma) with adequate proficiency in English. However students with PCM subjects can also apply for pharmacy.
- Minimum Marks: In the qualifying exam candidates have obtained 75% in PCM/PCB and also have scored minimum 60% marks in each subject.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the 12th exams in the year 2019 are eligible to apply.
- If students has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class then the latest performance will be considered.
- Candidates who are presently studying in BITS and any of its campuses they are not eligible to apply.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates can check here the exam pattern of BITSAT 2019 exam:
- Exam Duration: The duration of exam will be three hours.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through computer based online mode (CBT).
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type (multiple choice questions) asked in the exam.
- Sections: The exam will comprise of four sections, i.e. physics, chemistry, English proficiency & logical reasoning and Mathematics or Biology.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for wrong answer. No marks will be given for un-attempted questions.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will comprises of various topics like Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical reasoning, and Mathematics/Biology. It will be based on current NCERT syllabus. Below we have mentioned the detailed BITSAT Syllabus:
Units & Measurement, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Work and Energy, Kinematics, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Gravitation, Waves, Oscillations, Electrostatics, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Atomic Structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Surface Chemistry, etc.
English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning:
Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Composition, Verbal Reasoning, Nonverbal Reasoning, Detecting Missing Links, Following Directions, Classifying Words, etc.
Algebra, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Trigonometry, Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Integral calculus, Probability, Ordinary Differential Equations, Statistics, Vectors, Mathematical modeling and Linear Programming.
Diversity in Living World, Genetics and Evolution, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function, Structure and Function –Animals & Plants, Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants, Ecology and Environment, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Biotechnology and its Applications, Biology and Human Welfare.
How to Prepare for BITSAT
- Before start preparing for exam, gather all the details about officially prescribed syllabus.
- Make a suitable time-table and prepare accordingly.
- Take help from NCERT books and previous year question papers.
- Make yourself familiarize with the exam pattern for exam preparation.
- Don’t take stress and prepare calmly for your exams.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
BITSAT Admit Card 2019
The admit card will be provided from the second week of April to second week of May 2019. Students will be able to download BITSAT hall ticket 2019 through online.
Before downloading the hall ticket, candidates have to book their slot for the exam. Candidates will be able to book their slot between fourth week of March to first week of April 2019.
Students will not be allowed to write the exam without holding a valid admit card. BITSAT admit card will contain candidate’s name and roll number, exam centre, etc.
BITSAT Result 2019
After the completion of BITSAT exam, result will be announced. Candidates will be able to check their result on the next day of the exam date.
BITSAT result 2019 will contain the total secured marks along with the number of total correct answers and wrong answers. Candidates will not be permitted to repeat the test for the same year.
BITSAT Admission 2019
Candidates who will appear in the BITSAT exam are required to submit an admission application with 12th marks and preferences. Application can be submitted between first week of May to third week of June 2019. BITSAT 2019 Admission will be done through online mode.
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam. It will be prepared separately for various courses. Admission list will be released in the third week of June 2019.
Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of marks scored in the entrance exam, category, filled preferences and availability of seats. After the seat allotment, candidates have to report to the allotted campus for further admission process.
For any other queries about BITSAT 2019, you may leave your queries below.