PTU Exam 2020 will be conducted by the I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University. PTU entrance test is conducted every year by the University to offer admission in various UG & PG courses. Admission will be offered to the students in the field of engineering & technology, management, pharmacy and other courses. Also, the admission will be offered into these courses by organizing centralized counselling. Candidates can take admission into B.Tech through JEE Main scores and in B.Arch through NATA scores. In the below given article, candidates can check various details about PTU Exam 2020 application, dates, eligibility, pattern etc.
PTU 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can go through the below given table to know tentative PTU 2020 Dates for various events.
Through PTU Exam:
|Online Registration Starts||4th week of April 2020|
|Online Registration Close||Last week of June 2020|
|Admit Card||June – July 2020|
|Date of Entrance Exam||1st week of July 2020|
|Result Announcement||3rd week of July 2020|
|Counselling Starts from||July 2020|
Through Centralized Counselling:
|Submission of fee||2nd week of May 2020|
|Registration starts from||1st week of June 2020|
|Last registration date||1st week of July 2020|
|Release of Rank list||1st week of June 2020|
|Choice Filling||2nd week of June 2020|
|Declaration of results||3rd week of June 2020|
|Reporting in allotted college||Till 2nd week of July 2020|
PTU 2020 Application Form
Check various details about PTU 2020 Application below:
- PTU 2020 Application Forms will be released in the month of April 2020 and will get closed till June 2020.
- The Application form will be available online for the candidates. Candidates need to register themselves online and then fill the details, upload documents, make fee payment and print the application form.
- While filling online form, students must mention their category in case of claiming reservation.
- Last date to register for the test will vary for various courses.
- The application process for admission through centralized counselling will start from second week of May to first week of June 2020.
- For General/OBC candidates, fee is Rs.500.
- For SC/ST candidates, fee is Rs.250.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay their fee online via debit/credit card or via using net banking. Also, the fee can be paid offline via the demand draft.
PTU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Know the eligibility criteria of PTU 2020 below before filling the application form:
For UG Courses:
- B.Tech: Candidates must have completed their 12th level/Diploma/ IB Diploma with Mathematics subject from a recognized board/University with minimum 55% of aggregate marks.
- B.Tech (Lateral): Candidates must have completed their diploma course in Mechanical / Electrical/ Marine/ Electrical and Electronics with 45% minimum marks approved by AICTE/SBTE.
- B.Sc: Candidate must have passed 12th level from a recognized board or university with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- B.A: For seeking admission in BBA, a candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
For PG Admission:
- M.Tech: A candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree in B. Tech or M.Sc with minimum 50% of marks.
- MBA: Candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree in any stream with minimum aggregate of 50%. And must have a valid CMAT score card.
- MCA: Applying candidate should have passed 3 years bachelor’s degree after Intermediate with 50% marks.
PTU 2020 Exam Pattern
PTU 2020 Exam Pattern is given below for various courses offered through entrance test. Candidates can take the help of the given pattern who are willing to give the entrance test:
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam will be held in online
- Total Number of Questions: The number of questions will vary according to the courses chosen by the candidates.
- Time Duration: Total time will also vary for exam to exam.
Note: Candidates can go through the previous year paper to know the exam pattern of PUCET.
PTU 2020 Syllabus
PTU 2020 Syllabus will be different for UG and PG courses. Candidates can check online to know the syllabus.
For UG level courses, the test will contain various topics studied in the 12th level subjects.
For PG level courses, the test will contain topics studied in the graduation level subjects.
PTU 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the below preparation tips to score well and qualify the exam:
- Go through the whole syllabus & pattern.
- Practice with the help of previous year papers. Make a proper schedule for the preparation of the exam and follow it regularly.
- Try to stay calm and healthy during the preparation.
- Attempt at least one mock test per week.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
PTU 2020 Result
PTU 2020 Result will be declared online in the month of June or July 2020. At time of result declaration, candidates score, rank will be declared by the university. To check results, students have to enter their user id and password.
Beside admission, through entrance test and the admission in some courses will be offered through counselling process. Admission of the candidates will be based on merit prepared according to their rank and score secured by them.
PTU 2020 Cut Off
PTU 2020 Cut Off rank will be released for various courses online after the completion of test. The cut off rank will be prepared by the University depending upon various factors like – reservation policy, seats availability, number of appearing candidates, etc.
For various courses, the cut off will be released separately. Students have to qualify the cut off rank to get admission in various campuses of the University.
PTU 2020 Counselling
PTU 2020 Counselling process for admission through entrance test will be held in the month of July 2020. For counselling, candidates need to pay Rs. 2000 per course as counselling fee. For the process of counselling candidates can use another relevant exam score card if they don’t have PTU score card.
Students applying through merit scores, have to fill their choices, submit necessary documents, pay admission fee and report at the allotted colleges.
For any other query regarding PTU 2020, candidates can leave their comment in the comments section given below.