Latest Applications Open 2019:
GITAM GAT 2019 Application process has been started from 12th November 2018. GITAM GAT is a university level examination organized by the Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM). GAT (GITAM Admission Test) is computer based entrance test conducted for providing admission to students in UG & PG courses in the field of technology and pharmacy. This examination is considered for admission in various courses offered by GITAM University and its three campuses located at Bengaluru, Vishakhapatnam, and Hyderabad. Through this article, candidates can check details for GITAM GAT 2019 including the application form, eligibility, dates, pattern, etc.
GITAM GAT 2019 Notifications – Application Form Released
GITAM GAT 2019 Application Form has been released from 12th November 2018. Click Here to apply.
GITAM GAT 2019 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned official dates of GITAM GAT examination:
|Offline Application form release||12th November 2018|
|Last date for filled in application receipt||30th March 2019|
|Online Slot booking starts||5th to 7th April 2019|
|Hall ticket release||5th April 2019 onwards|
|Exam date||10th to 22th April 2019|
|Release of GAT 2019 Rank||26th April 2019|
GITAM GAT Application Form 2019
Candidates can fill the application form via online and offline mode. The online application has been released from 12th November 2018.
- The online application has been released now. The link is provided above.
- Fill the complete details like personal, academic, address and many others.
- Upload the scanned images of the photograph in the prescribed format.
- Candidates can fill the application form till 30th March 2019.
- Candidates can get the offline applications from the selected branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank, and Karur Vysya Bank.
- Students can also obtain the application through post by sending a request to Director-Admissions with a DD of the required fee.
- The request is made on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address accompanied by demand draft for Rs.150/- drawn in favor of “GITAM University” payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank.
- Request for applications by post will be accepted up to the last date.
- The application fee is Rs. 600/- for female candidates and Rs. 1000/- for other candidates.
- The fee payment can be made via online (Net Banking/Debit card/Credit card) or offline (Demand Draft) mode.
- The DD should be drawn from any scheduled bank made in favor of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam.
- Candidates, those pay the fee through offline mode, they have to send the hard copy of the filled application along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
Director – Admissions,
GITAM University, Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530 045,
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA
Here we are providing the basic eligibility criteria for various UG & PG courses:
For B.Tech/B.Tech (Biotechnology)/B.Pharmacy/B.Arch:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the intermediate or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Subjects: For admission in B.Tech & B.Arch, students should qualify the above examination with PCM subjects. For B.Tech (Biotechnology) & B.Pharmacy, students must pass the above exam with Mathematics/Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects
- Aggregate: Students must have obtained minimum 60% marks (For B.Tech & B.Tech (Biotechnology)) & 50% marks (For B.Arch & B.Pharmacy).
- For B.Arch, students must qualify in NATA/JEE (Main) examination.
Latest Applications Open 2019:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must be completed B.Pharm. from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates should pass the above examination with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade.
Note: GPAT qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGP) 2019 examination, however, they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the last date and the candidate has to attend counselling as per the schedule.
- Qualification: Candidates must hold a BE/ B.Tech./AMIE in the relevant area of engineering.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates must have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
Note: GATE qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGTA) 2019 examination, however, they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the last date and the candidate has to attend counselling as per the schedule.
GITAM GAT Exam Pattern
Here, we are giving the exam pattern of GAT (UGTP), GAT (PGTA) & GAT (PGP) examination:
- Duration: The exam duration will be of two hours.
- Type of Question: The Questions asked will be of objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks (for B.Tech) and 3 marks (for M.Tech) will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized in online mode.
Exam Pattern for GAT (UGTP):
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam Pattern for GAT (PGTA):
|Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
Exam Pattern for GAT (PGP):
|Subject||Number of Question||Total Marks|
|Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance||25||100|
GITAM GAT Syllabus
The syllabus of GAT examination will vary according to the courses opted by the students. For B.Tech, the syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. For M.Tech, the syllabus will have topics from Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude. To score better in the examination, you should prepare according to the syllabus.
GITAM GAT Result
The GITAM GAT Result 2019 will be released on 26th April 2019. Candidates can check the result via online mode. A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the marks scored in the GAT exam as per the rule of reservation of UGC guidelines/norms. 25% of seats are reserved for meritorious students from Karnataka State for admission at Bengaluru Campus.
GAT Counselling 2019
Admissions will be strictly done on the basis of merit list. The counselling process for B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharm courses will start in the month of May 2019. During the counselling process, candidates have to submit their preferences of colleges and courses for admission. Once the seat allotment process will be completed, candidates have to report to the allotted college to complete admission formalities.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
GITAM GAT Slot Booking 2019
To get an admit card, candidates have to book slots. The slot booking process will start from 5th to 7th April 2019. In this process, candidates have to choose a examination center, exam date & slot of their choice. Without a slot booking, no admit card will be issued to the candidates. During slot booking, candidates have to submit their application number, date of birth & gender.
GITAM GAT Admit Card 2019
The admit card will be released via online mode through the website. GITAM GAT 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded after the completion of slot booking process. If any discrepancies found on the admit card, candidates should bring it to the notice of the University authorities. Candidates should take two printouts of their hall ticket. Candidates also check their photograph is clearly visible on the print copy of it.
Students are needed to bring the admit card and a photo identity proof at the exam venue. Students can bring any one of the following ID proofs, i.e. Passport/DL/EC Voter ID card/IT PAN card/School or College photo-bearing ID card/Aadhar Card. Candidates should arrive at the examination center one hour before the scheduled time. The examination hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
For any other details about GITAM GAT 2019, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.