FTII JET 2020 entrance exam will be organized by the FTII for admission in the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) and Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute (SRFTI). It is a national level entrance exam. The exam is conducted every year for the candidates those want to take admission in the Post Graduate Diploma & some Post Graduate certificate courses. Candidates can check the updated information regarding FTII JET 2020, including exam dates, application form, exam pattern, etc, by reading this article below.
The courses offered in Film Wing course are Direction & Screenplay Writing, Editing, Acting, Cinematography, Feature Film Screenplay Writing, Sound Designing & Recording, and Art Direction & Production Design.
The courses offered in Television Wing Course are Directions, Electronic Cinematography, Sound Recording & Television Engineering and Video Editing.
FTII JET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates must check the following FTII JET 2020 Exam Dates below:
|Application window opens||4th week of December 2019|
|Application window closes||4th week of January 2020|
|Admit card availability||3rd week of February 2020|
|JET 2020 exam date||4th week of February 2020|
|JET 2020 result date||3rd week of April 2020|
|Interview||Month of April 2020|
|Admission starts||Month of April 2020|
FTII JET 2020 Application Form
Candidates must read the following information related to FTII JET 2020 Application Form:
- The FTII entrance exam 2020 application form will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will have to fill their personal & educational details.
- Candidates should upload scanned image of their photograph & required documents.
- Candidates will also have to upload his/her signature in JPEG format.
- Candidates also have to select any two cities according to their preference from menu in the application form. Any one from the two will be allotted to the candidate.
- After payment of the application fee candidates must take the printout of the declaration slip.
- The FTII JET 2020 application fee will be submitted through online mode.
- It can be paid through credit card or debit card.
- Candidates will have to pay the fee only once for admission to both institutes.
|All other categories of candidates||SC/ST/PwD category candidates|
|Film Wing Group||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|Television Wing Group||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 1250/-|
Candidates must check the following FTII JET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Direction & Screen Play Writing, Electronic Cinematography, and Video Editing, Acting: Candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- Sound Recording & Television Engineering: Candidates must hold Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Physics at 12th class level.
- Art Direction & Production Design: Candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree in any one from Applied Arts, Architecture, Sculpture, Painting, Interior Design, Related Field in Fine Arts, or equivalent diploma.
FTII JET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the FTII JET 2020 Exam Pattern before appearing in the examination:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration: Candidates will get 3 hours to complete the exam.
- Questions Type: 30 questions will be of MCQ type questions & 70 questions will be of descriptive answer type questions.
- Maximum Marks: Question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 1 mark.
Below candidates can check the marking scheme for each course:
Film Wing Course:
|Section A-General Aptitude Test||30 total marks|
|General Awareness (National/ International), Indian History, Culture, etc.||15|
|Section B- Specific Area Aptitude Test||70 total marks|
|Long descriptive questions||20|
Television Wing Course:
|General Aptitude Test||30 total marks|
|General Awareness (National/ International) , Culture, Art, folk art, etc.||15|
|Questions related to TV, Electronic Media, and digital Media||15|
|Section B- Long descriptive questions||20|
|Section C- Special Area Aptitude Test||Total 50 marks|
FTII JET 2020 Syllabus
The FTII JET 2020 Syllabus will comprise of different topics which are as follow:
In Film Wing, question paper will be divided into two sections as Section A and B. In Section A, candidates will be asked questions from General Aptitude Test in which there will questions related to Architecture, Art, etc. and questions related to Cinema.
Section B, candidates will be asked questions from Specific Area Aptitude Test in which there will be long descriptive questions, descriptive questions & short notes type questions.
In Television Wing, question paper will be divided into 3 sections as Section A, B, and C. Section A will comprise of General Aptitude Test, in which questions will be related to General Awareness & Television, Digital Media & Electronics.
Section B will comprise of long descriptive type questions and Section C will comprise of Special Area Aptitude Test.
The FTII JET 2020 exam centers will be as Agarthala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Port Blair, Pune Raipur, Ranchi, Lucknow, Srinagar, Dehradun, Imphal, Jammu, Jaipur, Gangtok and Thiruvananthapuram.
Some Preparation Tips of FTII JET 2020 are as follows:
- Read about cinematography.
- Go to the depth of study of film & television.
- Practice by watching several channels on film-making & film-analysis.
- Get some knowledge from art & culture from GK Books and newspapers.
- Prepare from all aspects in film making terms.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
FTII JET 2020 Admit Card
FTII JET 2020 admit card will be released by the exam conducting authority. It will be made available through online mode in the third week of February 2020. No candidate will receive it via post. All the details like examination schedule, venue of exam, exam date and etc, will be mentioned in the admit card.
Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the admit card are correct. Candidates will have to provide admit card along with photo ID proof in the examination hall. No candidates will be allowed to give the test without admit card & ID proof.
FTII JET 2020 Result
FTII JET 2020 result will be announced through online mode. After successful completion of exam, candidates will be able to check their result. It will be made available by third week of April 2020.
A separate merit list will be prepared according to marks scored by the candidates in the exam. After result, on the basis of performance of the candidate, the interview, audition & workshop will be conducted.
The FTII JET 2020 reservation policy as per Government of India Reservation Rules will be as given below:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Class- Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Person with Disability (PwD) with 40% disability||5%|
FTII JET 2020 Counselling
After successfully qualifying the examination, candidates will be called for FTII JET 2020 counselling. The counselling will be the important stage to get admission into the University. Candidates will have to clear all rounds of selection procedure for admission. Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks they will score in the examination.
The counselling round will be organized at designated centers. The medical test will also be conducted before interview & auditions. After counselling there will be admission process, candidates will have to attend & clear all the rounds for admission.
FTII JET 2020 Admission
Each institute will organize separate FTII JET 2020 admission process. The authority will send the call letters to the selected candidates for admission rounds of selection process. After result & counselling round, candidates will have to visit the university for getting final admission.
Candidates will have to fulfill all the formalities of document verification, submitting admission fee and much more. Final Selected candidates will get admission in their full time regular programmes in the year 2020.
If you have any other queries about FTII JET 2020, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.