NID Entrance Test 2019 (National Institute of Design) will be organized by the NID itself. It offers UG & PG design courses in the institution and its affiliated campuses. Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is the exam through which candidates can get admission in the four years of (B.Des) & (M.Des) programmes. The GDPD (Graduate Diploma Programme in Design) is also offered at NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra. In this article, we have mentioned the NID entrance exam 2019 complete details.
NID 2019 Notification – From 1st week of October
As per the official, The NID Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form will be released 1st October 2018. Check here for Application Form details.
NID 2019 Exam Dates
Here we have mentioned the exam dates for admission in NID 2019.
|DAT Prelims||DAT Mains|
|Commencement of application form||1st week of October 2018||1st week of October 2018|
|Last date to submit application form||Last week of October 2018||Last week of October 2018|
|Closing of submission of printed application form||2nd week of November 2018||2nd week of November 2018|
|Opening of correction window||3rd week of November 2018||3rd week of November 2018|
|Admit card||3rd week of December 2018||Last week of February 2019|
|Exam Date||1st week of January 2019||2nd week of March 2019|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of February 2019||1st week of May|
NID Application Form 2019
Candidates are advised to fill the application form carefully as per the guidelines given in the information brochure.
- Candidates have to register on the website first to fill the further application form.
- The online NID application form 2019 will be started from the 1st week of October 2018.
- Candidates will be allowed to fill the application form till the last week of October 2018.
- After successful registration, candidates have to fill all the required details carefully.
- Candidates also have to upload the photograph and signature along with necessary documents in JPG/JPEG format.
- The last date to submit the printed application form will be the second week of November 2018.
- The payment through offline mode can be done by preparing a Demand draft of the amount in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
- Candidates those will submit the application form through offline mode, they have to send the DD along with printout of filled application form to the address:
The Project Manager–CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003, India
- The fee can be paid either online or offline (DD) mode
- The application fee will be neither refundable nor transferable.
|Category||B.Des/GDPD||M.Des (1 Discipline)||M.Des (1 Discipline)|
|General/OBC-NCL||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST/OPEN-PwD/OBC-NCL-PwD/SC-Pwd/ST-PwD||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|Overseas||Rs. 3000/- (only for B.Des)||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 6000/-|
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below to appear in NID entrance exam 2019:
Appearing Candidates: Those appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply but they have to submit the proof of passing the examination at the time of admission.
- Age Limit: Upper age limit will be 20 years as on 30 June 2019. 3 years of age relaxation for OBC-NCL/SC/ST and 5 years for PwD candidates.
- Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 qualifying examination in the academic year 2018-19 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: The maximum age limit to apply is 30 years as on 30 June 2019. 3 years of age relaxation for OBC-NCL/SC/ST and 5 years for PwD candidates.
- Qualifying Exam: One should have bachelor degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 10+2, from any university or institute recognized by law in India.
- OR Bachelor degree of 3 year in any specialization, under the 10+2 system.
- OR Full-time Diploma of 4 year in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/ Architecture, after 10+2 system.
NID Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Duration: DAT prelims will be of about 3 hours.
- Maximum Marks: The whole question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Language: The exam will be asked in English language only.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
- DAT Mains: The candidates those will qualify in DAT prelims will be shortlisted for DAT Mains exam.
|Parts||Type of Questions||No. of Points|
|Part I||Objective Type||70|
|Part II||Subjective Type||30|
Note: In B.Des/GDPD the DAT Prelims and DAT Mains are common to all three institutes, NID Ahmedabad, NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra.
NID 2019 Syllabus
The NID will not provide the any specific syllabus for NID entrance exam. However, the candidates can go through the topics such as Elements & Principles of Design, Innovation in Design, Creative thinking & writing, Visual Logic, Colour Terminology, Design Theory, Optical Illusion, Usage of color in Compositions, 3D Visualization, etc.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
NID Admit Card 2019
The candidates can get their admit card through the online mode only. It will not be send to any candidate by post. The NID admit card 2019 for B.Des/GDPD will be released in the third week of December 2018 and for M.des in the last week of February 2019.
NID Answer Key 2019
The candidates can get the official answer key after the completion of the exam. NID Answer key 2019 will be declared after the few days of the written exam. It will be published by the institution through online mode.
With the help of answer key, candidates can get the rough idea about the marks they will be obtained in the exam. Candidates can also send their objection regarding official answer key if any.
NID Result 2019
NID result 2019 will be declared on different dates for B.Des/GDPD and M.Des programmes. Candidates can view their result and score through online mode. Score cards will not be sent to any candidate by post.
The rank list will also be prepared by the institution for each course category-wise, based on the sum total of the weighted scores obtained by the candidate at each stage of the admissions process.
NID Admission 2019
In the order of merit of the candidates in the merit list, they have to submit their consent to the institution. The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of availability of seats in the participating institutions. NID 2019 Admission Process will be conducted through offline mode.
To be eligible for the seat allotment, candidates have to upload their documents on the institution website for verification. All the documents should be uploaded before the last date of submission of documents. Otherwise, the admission of the candidate will be cancelled.
Scanned original certificates to be uploaded:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th
- Birth certificate
- Reservation category certificate
- PwD certifcate
If you have any other queries about NID Entrance Exam 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.