Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure will be conducted by the Department of Technical Education, Kerala. Admission in various government/ private polytechnic institutions will be offered on the basis of direct admission. The admission will be offered on the basis of marks obtained by the student in class 10th and 12th board exam. There is no entrance exam conducted by the authority for offering admissions. In this article we have provided the information about Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure which includes the important dates, application form, eligibility, result, etc.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Important Dates
Here, candidate can check the important dates for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|Online submission of application begins||2nd week of May|
|Online submission of application ends||Last week of June|
|Last date to register for application at polytechnic colleges||Last week of June|
|Publication of provisional rank list and trial allotment||Last week of June|
|Closing of appeal and submitting the revised options||Last week of June|
|Publication of final rank list and first allotment list||1st week of July|
|Publication of 2nd allotment list||2nd week of July|
|Publication of 3rd allotment list||2nd week of July|
|Publication of 4th allotment list||Last week of July|
|Admission closes on||Last week of July|
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Application Form
Candidate must go through the guidelines to fill the application form of Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure:
- The Kerala Polytechnic 2020 application form will be started from the second week of May 2020 to last week of May 2020.
- The application form will be submitted through online mode.
- Self-attested copy of documents to be submitted along with the application form including Domicile certificate, Nativity certificate, Caste certificate, Income certificate, Medical fitness certificate, mark sheet of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam.
- Single application form has to be submitted for multiple districts.
- Candidates seeking admission to the management seats in self-financing programmes should submit separate applications to the respective institutes in the format prescribed by the institution.
- Separate admission form shall be submitted by remitting fee in each case for the following categories:
- Application for regular seats in Government / Government Aided Programmes, Government Seats in Self Financing Programmes, Special Batch of Hearing Impaired (HI)
- Application for management seats under Aided Programmes to be submitted at respective polytechnics
- Application under NCC Quota
- Application under sports Quota
- The application fee will be 150/-.
- For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates, it will be 75/-.
- The amount should be remitted at the polytechnic college at the time of submission of the printout of application processed online, along with the relevant documents.
The candidates those wish to apply for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below:
- Nationality: Applying candidate should be a Indian citizen.
- Domicile: Applying candidate should be a Native of Kerala.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must pass SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam from Kerala state or other equivalent exam.
- Candidate’s parents should be permanent employee in the state.
- One should pass the qualifying exam from the institution of Kerala.
- Subjects: Candidates must qualify in the subjects such as English, Mathematics and Science.
- For CBSC/ ICSE board candidates, marks secured in science will be considered for calculating grade in place of physics and chemistry.
- Candidates those have applied or given the improvement exam cannot apply.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Rank List
The authority will release the provisional rank list of Kerala Polytechnic 2020 in the last week of June 2020. Candidates can challenge the provisional list released by the officials. The final rank list will be published by the authority around first week of July 2020, after considering all complaints received by it.
The Kerala Polytechnic 2020 merit list will be prepared based on grade obtained by the candidates in their SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent examination. In such cases, where the candidate has passed qualifying exam under the old system, the marks will be converted into 9 points absolute grade to prepare the rank list.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Counselling
Candidates those have applied for the Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission can download the rank card from the website. Based on the 10th class marks the authority will prepare the rank list for each district.
Participants can also check the individual rank by using application number. According to the rank list, candidates will call for counselling process. The counselling will be done in 3 phases. At the time of admission, candidates have to submit all the original documents for verification.
Kerala Polytechnic 2020 Admission Procedure
For Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission, candidates have to register in the month of May 2020 through online mode. Candidates will be provided with the registration number through which candidate can check their status of an application. The rank list of the centralized allotment will be uploaded on the website.
Candidates have to register online and fill the application form signed by parents along with fee of any government/ aided private college. The selection list for admission will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained, the choice filling and the reservation criteria.
Candidates have to exercise maximum of 25 options of college along with the course. Candidate can also check their individual rank list on the website. The trail allotment will be published along with the rank list. Candidate can download the allotment letter from the website.
Reservation of Seats:
Reservation of seats for Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission procedure is given below in the table:
|Persons with disabilities||3%|
|ITI/KGCE certificate holders||5%|
Documents required at the time of admission are given below:
- SSLC/THSLC or equivalent exam certificate
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination along with one photocopy
- ITI/VHSE/KGCE mark list/ certificate
- Study certificate of class 9th and 10th
- Community certificate
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- Special reservation claimed certificate
- Medial fitness certificate
For any other query regarding the Kerala Polytechnic 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.