CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 entrance exam will be conducted by Christian Medical College, Vellore. This is a university level entrance exam held every year to offer admissions in the B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc Nursing, Diploma, and PG Diploma Nursing courses. Candidates seeking admission into nursing courses in the Institute are required to obtain qualifying score in the entrance test & assessment test. Through this article candidates can check all the details regarding application form, syllabus, eligibility criteria and much more of CMC Vellore Nursing 2020.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Dates
Check below tentative dates for UG & PG courses in CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 in the below table:
For UG Courses:
|Application form release||3rd week of February 2020|
|Closing date of application form with payment||4th week of March 2020|
|Admit card release||1st week of May 2020|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2020|
|List announcement||3rd week of May 2020|
|Result date||Last week of July 2020|
|Interview rounds||July-August 2020|
|Registration date||August 2020|
For PG Courses:
|Application form release||2nd week of October 2019|
|Last date of application form||Last week of November 2019|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of January 2020|
|Examination Date||Last week of January 2020|
|For M.Sc. Nursing|
|Registration & medical check-up||2nd week of April 2020|
|Assessment of knowledge & skills||2nd week of April 2020|
|Final Selection list availability||3rd week of April 2020|
|Admission registration/Commencement of course||2nd week of September 2020|
|For Post Basic Nursing, Post basic diploma in Nursing and Fellowship in Nursing|
|Registration & medical check-up||2nd week of April 2020|
|Personal interviews||2nd week of April 2020|
|Final selection list||2nd week of April 2020|
|Commencement of course||2nd week of September 2020|
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Application Form
Check below given details related to CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Application Form:
- CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Application form will be released through online mode.
- The UG Nursing Application form will be released in the third week of February 2020. While the PG nursing Application will be released in the second week of October 2020.
- The Online Application process will consist of various steps like Registration, Payment of fee, filling the details and printing of form.
- Last date to fill application for UG courses is till fourth week of March 2020 and for PG courses is last week of November 2019.
- Candidates are not required to send hard copy of the application form to the University.
The Application fee will include the course fee and administrative fee.
The course fee and administrative fee as per courses is given below:
|Course Name||Administrative Fee||Course Fee|
|Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing)||Rs.750||Rs.500|
|Post Basic Diploma (Nursing)||Rs.400||Rs.350|
Mode of Payment: The Application fee will be paid by the candidates through online mode. Candidates will also be able to pay the fee through ICICI Bank Challan method. Also, fee can be paid through DD drawn in favor of CMC Vellore Association A/c’ payable at any bank in Vellore.
Candidates must send the payment proof to the below address:
The Office of Registrar,
CMC, Vellore – 632002.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 is provided below:
For B.Sc. Nursing:
- Gender: Only female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed their 12th level examination or equivalent from recognized University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have qualified with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE) subjects.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have qualified with minimum 45% marks for general & 40% marks for reserved category.
- Age Limit: Applying candidate should not more than 30 years of age as on 1st July 2020 & not less than 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020.
For M.Sc. Nursing:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must qualify his/her B.Sc. Nursing/Post basic B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing from any recognized University.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have qualified with minimum 55% marks.
- Medical Standard: Candidates will have to be medically fit & should have medical fitness certificate provided by an authorized medical authority to be eligible.
- Experience: Candidates must have at least 1 year work experience after being registered as midwife & registered nurse under the State Nursing Council.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern details can be checked by the candidates below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online (computer-based) mode.
- Medium Language: The language medium of the test will be English language only.
- Questions Type: There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) in the paper.
- Time Duration: UG Nursing courses time duration will be 70 minutes. While, for diploma nursing, 90 minutes will be given.
- Total Questions: For UG nursing courses, there will be total of 120 questions in the General Ability and few questions from issues of current topical interest. For Diploma, there will be 90 questions – 25 in PCB subjects each and 15 in general ability.
- Papers: Candidates will be provided two papers – General Paper and Specialty Paper. Either one or both of the papers can be preferred by the students.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Syllabus
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 syllabus comprises of different topics in UG & PG courses.
For B.Sc. Nursing:
The Syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Aptitude Assessment.
For Diploma Nursing:
The Syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Ability. Also the candidates speed & accuracy will be checked. Some questions will be related to Basic Science, General Knowledge, General Ability and Current Awareness.
CMC Vellore 2020 Preparation tips
Candidates can read some preparation tips below to improve their preparation for the exam:
- Check the syllabus & keep in mind about the pattern of exam.
- Make a time-table & strictly follow it.
- Give more time on the weaker sections.
- Make a short note on every topic on daily basis & revise it at the end of the day.
- Practice from sample papers & previous year papers.
- Attempt mock tests to increase speed and accuracy for the test.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Centers
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Exam Centers will be in Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida and Delhi (NCR) and Vellore.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Admit Card
CMC Vellore Admit card for will be released in the third week of February 2020 for UG and second week of October 2019 for PG courses. Candidates will get their admit card through online mode.
To download the admit card students have to enter their necessary log-in details. Candidates must preserve the print out of the admit card till the complete admission process.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Result
The result of CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 will be announced in the month of July-August 2020 for UG courses respectively. Candidates will be able to check their result through online mode only.
Students qualifying the test by securing the minimum qualifying marks will be eligible for further admission process. Candidates who will get short-listed will be informed through their registered mail id for further counselling & interview rounds.
CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Admission
Candidates will have to clear their written test as well as special test and interview round to be present in the CMC Vellore Nursing 2020 Counselling/Admission.
Admission registration will start from the month of August 2020 for UG & from April 2020 for PG nursing courses.
It is necessary to bring all the original and photocopies of the necessary documents during the counselling process for verification round.
If you have any query related to CMC Vellore Nursing 2020, you can ask you query by leaving you comment below.