LPU NEST 2020 will be conducted by Lovely Professional University (LPU). LPU is a private university located in the Jalandhar, Punjab. The university conducts its university level entrance exam known as LPU NEST. This test is held every year across the country and is attempted by more than 3 lakhs aspirants. Admission is provided in total 14 disciplines in the field of Engineering. The entrance test is held twice in a year in the months of January and April. Candidates can read the full article to know various details about LPU NEST 2020 application, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card etc.
LPU NEST 2020 Important Dates
Below we have provided some important dates related to LPU NEST 2020:
|Events||Schedule I January 2020 (Tentative)||Schedule II April 2020 (Tentative)|
|Online Registration Starts On||1st week of October 2019||Last week of January 2020|
|Last Date of Submission Application Form||3rd week of January 2020||Last week of March 2020|
|Slot Booking For Online Examination||1st week Of December 2019||Last week of March 2020|
|LPU NEST 2020 Examination||3rd week of January to 1st week of February 2020||1st week to last week of April 2020|
|Display of Result||2nd week of February 2020||1st week of May 2020|
|Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||1st week of May 2020 Onwards|
LPU NEST 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below details of LPU NEST 2020 Application below:
- The Application form for LPU NEST 2020 will be available from first week of October 2020.
- Candidates can fill the application form via online mode.
- Candidates can register themselves on the website through online mode.
- Complete application process will consist of steps – Registration, fill the basic details, uploading of photograph and signature and payment of fee.
- After successful registration, candidates will be able to generate their application number and password for subsequent logins.
- At the time of filling application form candidate need to fill the exam centre preference and book the slot for online exam to get admit card.
- For Online Application Fee – Rs.500 ( Boys); Rs.250 (Girls)
- For Offline Application Fee – Rs.500 for both girls and boys.
Mode of Payment: Candidate can pay the application fee online via credit card/debit card/ net banking. And for offline mode, candidate can pay the fee via cash/Cheque and the demand draft.
In case of DD candidates have to send an envelope containing details of the applicant contact information, signature, passport size photograph to the address mentioned below:
Division of Admission,
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar- Delhi GT Road (NH-1),
Phagwara, Punjab (India)-144411.
LPU NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check complete eligibility criteria of LPU NEST 2020 below before filling the application form:
- Applying Candidates must be citizen of India.
For B.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed 10+2 level examination or its equivalent examination from recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 level.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate must have passed 12th level with Physics, Maths and English as the main subjects.
For M.Tech Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed B.E. or B.Tech. or B. Arch. or B.Plan or its equivalent examination from recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
For MBA Programme:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have passed in Bachelors degree (any discipline) or its equivalent examination from recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidate must have obtained 50% aggregate marks in bachelor’s degree.
- Scorecard: Must have secured 80 percentile in CAT/XAT/LPU NEST and 85 percentile in CMAT/MAT or GMAT.
LPU NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Check exam pattern and marking scheme of LPU NEST 2020 exam below:
- Exam Mode: The mode of the exam will be online (computer based).
- Time Duration: The total time duration of exam will be 150 minutes.
- Number & Type of Questions: Total of 100 MCQs will be there in the MBA paper and 110 in B.Tech.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every right answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in the paper.
Check distribution of questions and marks for B.Tech and MBA in the below given table:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
LPU NEST 2020 Syllabus
Candidate can check syllabus for LPU NEST 2020 by online mode. For UG engineering courses the entrance test syllabus will contain topics studied in the 12th level. For PG engineering courses, the test syllabus will contain topics from graduation level.
For B.Tech, the syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
For MBA, the topics will be from the subjects of General English, General Awareness and General Aptitude.
LPU NEST 2020 Preparation Tips
Check various preparation tips below to score good marks and qualify the test of LPU NEST 2020:
- Start with basic, make sure to clear your basic concepts of various subjects.
- Solve mock test and sample papers regularly for good practice.
- You may also take some help from online lectures and mobile apps for preparation.
- Avoid learning new topics at the last moment.
- Mark the question that you feel important for the exam.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
LPU NEST 2020 Slot Booking
After the registration process, the slot booking of LPU NEST 2020 will start. The slot booking of LPU NEST 2020 for Schedule I will start from first week Of December 2019 and for Schedule II in the last week of March 2020.
Candidates are required to select examination time and date. The slot will be allotted in first come first serve basis.
It is necessary for the candidates to complete the slot booking process to generate their admit card. The university reserves the right to book slot as per availability of the test centers.
LPU NEST 2020 Admit Card
LPU NEST 2020 Admit card will be available from the first week of March 2020. Candidates will be able to download admit cards through online mode. The details printed on the admit card will be candidate’s roll number, registration id, exam date, exam time, venue, etc
It is essential for the candidates to verify all the details on the LPU NEST 2020 admit card. If there is any error in the details printed on the admit card, students must contact the concerned officials regarding the problem.
LPU NEST 2020 Result
The Result of LPU NEST 2020 for various programs will be published online. Candidates will get their result and scorecard by entering their login credentials – Email id and password.
Through scorecard candidate will be able to know the marks obtained, rank and the result status.
Also, the University will publish a rank list, short listing the candidates for counselling process.
LPU NEST 2020 Cut Off
LPU NEST 2020 Cut Off is the minimum marks a candidate must score in the entrance test to be eligible for the admission into the University. Also, the scholarship will be awarded to the students who will score more than or equal to the cutoff marks.
The minimum marks are set by the university based on various factors and reservation criteria. Shortlisted candidates who will reach the cut off marks will be called for counselling process.
LPU NEST 2020 Counselling
After publication of result, the university will start the counselling process. The counselling will be conducted through the online mode in the first week of May 2020.
Candidates can participate in the counselling on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination and interview round.
Candidates have to download the counselling letter and attend the allotted counselling venue before the last date. Documents verification and seat allocation will also be done during counselling.
For any other query regarding LPU NEST 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.