EFLU Entrance Exam 2020 offers admissions to Foreign Nationals as well as Indian students in various courses. EFLU is the university level entrance exam conducted by English and Foreign Language University. Through this exam, aspirants can get admissions into UG (Under-Graduate) & PG (Post-Graduate) Programmes in English, Foreign languages and language related courses. Candidates can read this article for complete & updated details of EFLU Entrance Exam 2020 and its exam dates, application form, syllabus, etc.
Under Graduate Programmes
B.A. (Hons.) in English, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and B.A Journalism & Mass Communication
Post Graduate Programmes:
M.A in English, Computational Linguistics, Hindi, Arabic Language & Literature, French Language & Literature, German Language & Literature, Russian language & & Literature, Hispanic Language & Literature
EFLU Entrance Exam 2020 Dates
The EFLU 2020 exam events & their dates will be as mentioned in the table below:
|Events||Dates 2020 (Tentative)|
|Application process starts||2nd week of January|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of February|
|Admit card release date||3rd week of February|
|Entrance for UG & PG programmes||4th week of February|
|Result declaration||3rd week of April|
|Counselling procedure||In the month of June|
|Interview date||In the month of June|
EFLU 2020 Application Form
The details for EFLU 2020 Application form will be as follow:
- The application form will be submitted through online mode.
- The candidates can start filling the application form in the second week of January 2020.
- Candidates will have to register themselves with valid E-mail ID as they will receive a password after registration.
- Candidates will also be required to upload documents to complete their application form.
- Candidates will also have to submit scanned passport size photograph & signature, scanned copy of Aadhar card/voter card/ration card/passport, scanned copy of cast certificate (if SC/ST), scanned copy of PWD (in case of disability person) and scanned copy of WDP certificate ( in case of wards of Defence personnel).
- An application form submitted without relevant certificates will be liable to the rejection.
- The mode of payment will be online.
- Candidates will be able to pay the fee through credit/card/debit card/net-banking.
- The fee for General/OBC category will be INR 500/- & for SC/ST/PWD candidates INR 250/-
The EFLU Entrance Exam 2020 eligibility criteria for all programmes of UG, PG and Foreign Languages will be as follow:
- Qualification: Candidates will have to be passed in the intermediate or equivalent with English as mandatory subject.
- Percentage: Candidates will have to score 50% for General/OBC & 45% for reserved candidates in 10+2 or equivalent.
- Qualification: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Percentage: Candidates will have to score 55% for General/OBC & 50% marks for reserved candidates.
- A linguistic Course: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in any from- linguistic, English, Computer Science/Engineering & Technology, Computer Applicants, Mathematics & Physics.
- In M.A Arabic/French/German/Russian/Hispanic Language & Literature: Candidates must have bachelor’s degree in that particular language or in any discipline.
Note: Foreign Nationals need not to sit for the EFLU Entrance Exam. They will be required to get a specified score on either IELTS or TOEFL.
The EFLU entrance exam 2020 exam pattern will be as follow:
- Shifts: There will be two shifts of EFLU ENTRANCE EXAM 2020 exam.
- Parts: The two parts will be objective part & descriptive part.
- Exam Mode: The exam will get conducted in online (Computer-based) mode. Offline mode is also available for MA courses.
- Duration: The duration of each entrance test will be of two hours.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted for each correct answer. There will be no negative
- Total Marks: The exam paper will comprises of 100 marks.
|Sections||Topics||No. of marks|
|Section-C||Ability & Writing Skills||25|
|Section-D||Verbal & Analytical Ability||25|
EFLU 2020 Syllabus
The entire syllabus of EFLU 2020 for each course will be different. Some topics for UG courses will be Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading, Writing, General Knowledge, Reasoning and Literature.
Some topics for PG courses will be English Language Ability, Analytical Skills, Linguistic Ability, Reasoning Ability and much more.
Following will be some preparation tips for EFLU Entrance Exam 2020:
- Go through the exam pattern carefully & concentrate on the important topics.
- Make a time-table & make separate time for each topic.
- Practice from previous year sample papers.
- Discover the topics in which you are weak at & concentrate more on them.
- Take rest so that whatever you have prepared remains in your mind.
- Revise all the topics on the daily-basis.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The exam centers of EFLU entrance test 2020 will be Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Anand, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Shillong, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada
EFLU 2020 Admit Card
The EFLU 2020 admit card will be released by the authority in the third week of February 2020. The admit card will be released through the online mode. The authorities will not send any hard copy of admit card to any candidate.
Admit card will be an important document to be carried at the venue of the examination. If any candidates fails to bring his/her admit card, he/she would not be permitted to appear in the EFLU Entrance Exam 2020.
EFLU 2020 Result
The EFLU 2020 result will be declared by the University in the third week of April 2020 through online mode. Candidates can check the marks scored by them in the exam through result.
On the basis of result, the University will short-list the candidates for further process of counselling round & interview.
EFLU 2020 Cut-Off
The EFLU 2020 Cut-Off marks to get admission through EFLU Entrance Exam will be as follows:
- Unreserved category: 50%
- OBC: 45%
- SC/ST/PWD: 30%
Candidates will have to score cut-off marks in objective, descriptive parts of the exam & the orals (where applicable) as well as in the aggregate score in order to get a seat.
EFLU 2020 Counselling
EFLU 2020 counselling will be conducted in the university campus. Candidates who will be declared as they are qualified through their result will be able to take part in the counselling rounds.
The complete schedule will be notified to students after declaration of result by the University.
Candidates will have to bring original certificates for provisional admission & will also have to pay the counselling fee to participate in the counselling round. Selected candidates will be providing the admission letter for further process.
Reservation of seats for EFLU 2020 will be in accordance with provision of the Central Educational Institutions. The reservation for reserved, OBC candidates and person with disabilities will be as follow:
For SC/ST Candidates:
- 5% seats will be reserved in all programmes for SC & ST candidates as 15% for SC candidates & 7.5% for ST candidates.
- Relaxation to extent of 5% will also be given in the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
For OBC Candidates:
- 27% of the intake will be reserved for OBC candidates in all the programmes.
- There will be no relaxation of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
For PwD Candidates:
- Candidates who will have minimum disability with 40% will have supernumerary seats reserved to the extent of 5% of the intake. This will be valid for all programmes.
EFLU 2020 Admission
After getting the admission letter, candidate will have to come for admission along with their original certificates. If any candidates will fail to produce the reserved category documents, he/she will be directly transferred to the general category.
The seat allotment will be at Hyderabad, Lucknow & Shillong Campus. The academic session will be started from the month of August 2020.
If candidates have any queries related to EFLU Entrance Exam 2020, they can write their queries below in the comment box.