Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2020) is a university level exam which is conducted under guidance of XLRI, on behalf of XAMI. It is organized on all India level to select the most appropriate students for management education. XAT is a gateway to get admission in some of the top B-schools in India. The XAT score is being used by more than 150 institutes for the admission. Go through this article for more details like important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, counselling, etc.
XAT 2020 Exam Important Dates
XAT 2020 dates are mentioned below, candidates can check it carefully and follow them accordingly.
|Releasing of notification||2nd week of August 2019|
|Starting of registration||3rd week of August 2019|
|Last date of registration||4th week of November 2019|
|Releasing of admit card||4TH week of December 2019|
|XAT 2020 exam date||1ST week of January 2020|
|Declaration of result||1ST week of January 2020|
XAT 2020 Application Form
Check XAT 2020 application details from below. Candidates are advised to fill the details carefully.
- XAT 2020 online application form will be started from third week of September 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the application form through online mode
- The application process will be continued till the fourth week of November 2019.
- Along with the online application form, candidates have to upload the scan photograph and signature.
- The application form correction will be started from the month of November 2019. However, it is not necessary that this year too the authority will provide the correction facility.
- Fill all the required details and submit it on time. Take the printout of the submitted application form.
Online payment can done through Debit card, Credit card, online banking. Below, we have mentioned the application fee details:
|Application||Registration Fee||Course Fee|
|Without late registration fee||Rs 1700/-||Rs 300/- for each course|
|Late registration fee||Rs 2000/-||Rs 500/- for each course|
Candidate those will fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for the XAT 2020 examination:
- Age Limit: There will be no age criteria for XAT 2020.
- Qualification: Candidate should have bachelor degree or equivalent from the recognized university.
- Nationality: Foreign nationals and NRI candidates can apply through GMAT score card.
- Appearing Candidates: Such candidates can also apply if studying in final year of graduation.
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern for XAT 2020 is as follows:
- Mode of Exam: It will be online (computer based) mode.
- Type of Questions: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) will be asked in the exam.
- Examination Timing: Time duration will be of about 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry one mark.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking 0.25 for each incorrect answer. For unattempted question more then 12, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- Parts: XAT 2020 exam will be divided into two parts i.e. part 1 and part 2.
|Part -1: Duration 170 Minutes|
|Subjects||Number Of Questions|
|Quantitative Ability And Data Interpretation||27|
|Verbal And Logical Ability||24|
|Part-2: Duration 35 Minutes|
|Subjects||Number Of Questions|
|Essay writing||1 Topic|
XAT 2020 Syllabus
XLRI will release the XAT 2020 syllabus. The below mentioned syllabus is for the examination:
- Decision Making: Condition and grouping test, data arrangement text, complex, case lets.
- Verbal And Logical Ability: Reading comprehension, Para jumble, critical reasoning, fill in the blanks with suitable answer etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Geometry, Statics, Speed and Distance, Tables, Graphs, Arithmetic, Heights and Distance etc.
- General Knowledge: Politics, Nation and States, History, Sports, Awards, Business, Economics.
- Essay Writing: The Essay Will Give In Social And Economic Events Will Come In The Examination.
Candidate can follow the below mentioned preparation tips-
- Time Table: Before the exam preparation, candidate should make the time table. It will help candidate to make estimate that which particular subject will take less time.
- Section wise Preparation: Candidates go through the exam pattern before starting the preparation for the examination.
- Notes Making: For study, candidates need to go through study material. Also candidate should make notes for the particular subject.
- Mock Test: Candidates should attend the mock test regularly, as it will help candidate to know that where he/she is lacking.
- Maintain Health: It is also necessary to make your health good.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
XAT 2020 Admit card
The admit card for XAT 2020 will be issued through online mode. The candidate who will successfully register for the application form will only get the admit card. The admit card will be released in the fourth week of December 2019.
Take a printout of admit card and keep it till examination is over. It is mandatory for the candidate to bring a hard copy of the admit card on the day of examination.
XAT 2020 Result
After the examination, the result will be released by XLRI. The qualified candidate will be called for the GD & PI round. On the basis of scores of the candidates merit list will be prepared. The result will be declared in the first week of January 2020.
On the basis of the merit list ranking seat will be allotted to the candidates in the participating institutions.
To check the result, candidates have to enter the enrollment number and other details. The candidate needs equal to or more than the cutoff marks in order to get selected for the admission to a particular college.
XAT 2020 Cut Off
The cut off will be released along with the declaration of result. The official authority will release the cut off marks for all offered courses. Candidates need to score the marks equal or above than the cut off marks.
The cut off may vary each year. Its depend upon the difficulty level and previous year trends. However, candidates can check the XAT cut off here:
|VA & LA||DM||QA & DI||Total|
XAT 2020 Counselling
For admission into management programmes, various participating institutions will announce their respective cut off marks. Candidates have to qualify the individual cut off score of the respective institute to get selected for admission. No centralized counselling will be held for admission.
Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by various participating institutions. Candidates have to appear for Written Ability, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds at the allotted institutions within the prescribed time period. The registered candidate will be allowed to fill their choice of the course and college for the admission. The admission will be granted after the proper verification of documents.
For other queries regarding XAT 2020, you can ask us by leaving your comment below.