CAT 2020 will be organized by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMS). Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level entrance exam organized by IIMS on rotational basis every year. This entrance test is conducted to offer admission into management programmes in various colleges and institutions situated in India. Number of private and government management institutions provides admission into MBA programmes through CAT scores. In this article, students will get to know the details related to CAT 2020.
CAT 2020 Important Dates
Check all the tentative dates of CAT 2020 including the application dates, admit card release date, exam date, result date, etc.
|Release of CAT 2020 Notification||Last week of July 2019|
|Starting of Online Registration||2nd week of August 2019|
|Last date to fill the application form||4th week of September 2019|
|Image correction window opens||4th week to last week of September 2019|
|Mock Test||3rd week of October 2019|
|Release of Admit card||4th week of October 2019|
|CAT 2020 Exam||4th week of November 2019|
|Release of Answer Key||1st week of December 2019|
|Announcement of Results||2nd week of January 2020|
CAT 2020 Application Form
Check the details of application form of CAT 2020 below:
- CAT 2020 application form filling process will be started from the second week of August 2019.
- Complete application procedure like registration, filling the application, submitting the application, uploading images and making application fee payment will be done in online mode.
- The registration process is expected to be end in the fourth week of September 2019.
- Candidates must make sure to go through the complete eligibility criteria and other details to fill application form.
- At the time of registration, candidates also have to make choices of four exam cities as per their preferences.
- The Board will also provide facility of application correction after the completion of application process. Candidates will be able correct details, images and other editable details in the application before the last date.
- Take the printout of submitted online application form and keep it till admission process.
The application fee prescribed for various category candidates is given below:
Applicants have to pay the application fee before the last date through online mode.
Online payment modes which can be used are debit/credit cards/net banking/wallet or cash cards.
CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The complete eligibility criteria given below must be checked by the candidates before applying for CAT 2020:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed his/her Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam with minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. For the candidates belonging to ST/SC/PWD category must have passed with minimum of 45% marks.
- Age Criteria: There will be no lower or upper age limit prescribed for appearing in CAT exam.
- Candidates who possess an equivalent exam degree recognized by MHRD, Government of India (including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers) are also eligible.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent can also apply.
CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Below candidates can check the complete details of the exam pattern of CAT 2020:
- Exam Mode and Date: CAT 2020 exam will be conducted in the 4th week of November 2019 in online (CBT) mode.
- Number and Type of Questions: The exam will contain total of 100 questions. The questions asked will be of objective and subjective type.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of total 300 marks.
- Time Duration: Time duration of 180 minutes will be allotted to complete the paper.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct response, 3 marks will be given. -1 mark will deducted for every incorrect answer.
In the below table, we have provided the section wise number of questions, time duration and maximum marks:
|Sections||Subjects||Time Allotted||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|I||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||60 minutes||32||96|
|II||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||60 minutes||34||102|
|III||Quantitative Ability||60 minutes||34||102|
|Total||180 minutes||100 questions||300 marks|
CAT 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus of CAT 2020 will contain various topics from the subjects of Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension and Quantitative Ability. Detailed syllabus can be checked by the candidates from the website.
CAT 2020 Preparation Tips
To score good marks and qualify the CAT 2020 test successfully, candidates can take help from the below preparation tips:
- Before starting the exam preparation, prepare a proper study routine.
- Review complete syllabus, exam pattern, marking scheme and other details of the exam. These details will be available on the website.
- Prepare notes while studying various important topics. Note each and every important concept, formulas and points.
- Solve previous year exam papers and sample papers for a good practice and experience.
- Attempt online or offline mock tests and analyze the exam preparation level.
- Prepare for the entrance exam from mostly recommended sources of study material.
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
CAT 2020 Admit Card
The CAT 2020 admit card will be released on the website after the completion of application process. Students can download the admit card by accessing the download link provided on the website and entering their registered user id and password. No candidate will get their admit card through offline mode.
With the admit card candidates have to show their valid photo id proof for identity verification. Without showing the admit card and photo id proof, no candidate will be allowed to take the examination.
CAT 2020 Answer Key
After the completion of exam, the board will publish the provisional answer key of CAT 2020. It is expected that the answer key will be released in the first week of December 2019.
In case of any error in the answer key, candidates can also challenge the answer key before the last date of it. After considering the objections, the final answer key will released by the board.
CAT 2020 Result
CAT 2020 result will be announced in the second week of January 2020 on the website. To check the result and download the scorecard, candidates have to enter their User id and Password. After the release of results, board will publish the list of candidates who have successfully qualified the exam and selected for further admission process.
The scorecard will contain the details of the candidates and their performance shown in the entrance exam. It will contain overall and sectional marks and percentile secured by the candidates in the test.
CAT 2020 Cut Off
The exam conducting authority will release the cut off for various category after the releasing of result. The cut off can also be released after the written examination. The candidates those will obtain the marks equal or above than the cut off marks can participate for the admission. The cut off will be varied every year for each category.
The cut off will be released in the month of November 2019. Candidates can check the cut off marks through online mode. Candidates should carefully check the cut off marks and appear for admission process in various participating institutions as per the cut off marks of the respective institutions in which they wants to apply.
CAT 2020 Admission Procedure
For admission into management programmes through CAT 2020 score, various participating institutions will announce their respective cut off marks. Candidates have to qualify the individual cut off score of the respective institute to get selected for admission. No centralized counselling will be held for admission.
Shortlisted candidates will be intimated by various IIMS and participating institutions. Candidates have to appear for Written Ability, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds at the allotted institutions within the prescribed time period.
If you have any query regarding CAT 2020, you can ask your query in the comments box given below.