MICAT-I Admit Card has been released on 26th November 2018. MICA Admission Test (MICAT) is a university level entrance examination. It is conducted to offer admission to the candidates those seeking for admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications (PGDMC). Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA), Ahmedabad is the official authority to conduct the examination. MICAT is conducted two times in one year as MICAT-I and MICAT-II. The candidate must have valid scores of the entrance examinations such as CAT, XAT and GMAT to appear in MICAT. In this article, candidates can check the complete details of MICAT 2019 including admit card, pattern, syllabus and other details.
MICAT 2019 Notification – Admit Card Released
MICAT-I Admit Card has been released on 26th November 2018. Check here for admit card details.
MICAT-I 2019 Registration can be done till 20th November 2018 (11:50 PM). Check here for application details.
MICAT 2019 Exam Date
MICAT 2019 exam date will aware the candidates about various events conducted related to the examination. The dates are officially announced.
|Events||MICAT -I (Announced)|
|Registration starts from||23rd August 2018|
|Closing of registration||20th November 2018|
|Issue of call letter/admit card||26th November 2018|
|Exam date||1st December 2018 (Revised)|
|Publication of result||18th December 2018|
|Registration starts from||3rd January 2019|
|Closing of registration||30th January 2019|
|Issue of call letter/admit card||4th February 2019|
|Exam date||9th February 2019|
|Publication of result||19th February 2019|
|GE & PI Shortlist||19th February 2019|
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata||7th, 8th and 9th March 2019|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||12th and 13th March 2019|
|GE & PI at Bangalore and Mumbai||16th, 17th and 18th March 2019|
|Final Result||25th March 2019|
MICAT 2018 Admit Card
The MICAT admit card will be made available to download through online mode. The candidates can get their admit card by using their login credentials. Candidates should keep their admit card to enter in the examination venue.
MICAT-I admit card can be downloaded on 26th November 2018 and for MICAT-II, it can be accessed on 4th February 2019.
Without having it, candidates will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall. Candidates should note that the admit card/call letter for examination will be sent to the candidates email Id too. Candidates also have to bring the one photo Id proof along with admit card.
MICAT Exam Pattern 2019
In this section, candidates can check the MICAT 2019 exam pattern.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of objective type and subjective type.
- Number of Questions: Total of 144 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Total Duration of Exam: The whole examination will be of 2 hours and 45 minutes. 35 minutes will be given to section-I while 130 minutes will be given to Section-II.
- Sections: It will be comprised of six sections.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for Part 1 and 3. Part 2 has a negative marking of 0.25 percent of the total marks allotted.
|Parts||Sections||No. of Questions||Time|
|Part 1||Psychometric||35||25 minutes|
|Part 2||Verbal Ability (VA)||25||105 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||25|
|General Awareness (GA)||25|
|Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)||39|
|Part 3||Descriptive Test (DT)||4||35 minutes|
Check here MICAT Sample Questions 1
Check here MICAT Sample Questions 2
Check here MICAT Sample Questions 3
MICAT Syllabus 2019
MICAT syllabus will be consist of six sections which are, General awareness (GA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT), Psychometric (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation (QADI). Candidates should go through these sections to score good in the exam.
MICAT Exam Centers
Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ajmer, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Faridabad,Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Nagpur, Noida, Panjim, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Surat, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
MICAT 2018 Result
MICAT 2019 result will be declared two times, once after the MICAT written test and second after the GD & PI rounds.
The result for MICAT-I will be released on 18th December 2018 and for MICAT-II on 19th February 2019.
The result can be viewed through online mode. On the basis of written result, candidates will be called for further admission rounds.
MICAT Selection Procedure 2019
The selection of the candidates for admission in MICAT 2019 will be comprised of three steps, viz,
Step-1: CAT 2018/XAT 2019/GMAT 2017 (onwards)
- Each candidate have to must appear in any one of the above exam. After that the candidate will be eligible for the MICAT 2019 entrance exam.
- After appearing in the above exams, candidates have to go through MICAT entrance examination.
- The candidates those will qualify in the MICAT, they will be shortlisted for the GE & PI rounds on the basis of their performance in the exam.
Step-3: GE & PI
- The candidates those will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the CAT/XAT/GMAT and MICAT exam, they have to appear in GE & PI rounds.
- On the basis of Group Exercise and Personal Interview rounds, the final merit list will be prepared for the candidates for admission.
- The final result will be declared after these rounds for the candidates those selected for admission.
- Short listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Bangalore.
MICAT 2019 Admission
MICAT 2019 admission will be offered on the basis of candidate’s scores in MICAT, GE & PI round followed by CAT/XAT/GMAT exams. The best of two MICAT scores will be considered for admission.
If candidates have appeared in CAT & XAT or CAT & GMAT or XAT & GMAT or all three-CAT, XAT and GMAT, the better of the two/ best of the three exams performance will be considered for admission.
The 30% weightage will be given to MICAT, 20% to GE, 30% to PI and remaining 20% to CAT/XAT/GMAT scaled scores. Candidates also have to verify their original documents to get admission.
MICAT 2019 Registration
Candidates are advised to apply for MICAT 2019 registration after reading the complete information brochure.
- The MICAT application form can be filled and submitted through online mode only.
- The registration process is starting from 23rd August 2018 for MICAT-I and 3rd January 2019 for MICAT-II.
- First of all, candidates have to register on the official website to proceed for filling application form.
- After the successful registration, candidates will be allotted with the system generated user Id and password to their registered email Id.
- With these login credentials candidate can fill the application form and submit it before the last date of registration.
- The registration fee of MICAT is Rs. 1965.
- The payment can be done through Credit Card, Demand Draft and Counter Payment (cash payment in MICA admission office).
- The DD should be drawn in the favour of ‘MICA’ payable at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
For admission in MICAT, candidates need to fulfill the eligibilities given below.
- Qualifying Exam: The applying candidate should hold the Bachelor’s degree (in 10+2+3 system) or equivalent recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Appearing Candidates: The candidates those appearing in the final year of their examinations towards a Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
If you have any other queries about MICAT 2019, you can write your queries in the comment box given below.